Thread: Perfect World cursor proglem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Perfect World cursor proglem.

Crap. What did you get this time?

Beans

Just a bunch of errors...I think I'm gonna go back to xp...if i have to do this with every game, I'll go insane...and i play a lot of games, I REALLY REALLY do appreciate your help though.

Beans
    Distro

Are you sure it didn't create the packages regardless of the errors? The .deb files will be in the parent folder of the one you were running from.

Beans

OMG I think it might have actually worked.

IT WORKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

THanks so much.

ROFL, now it crashes while loading into the world.

Heres the error

err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 1744 bytes in thread 0037 eip 006f3005 esp 7bdefc60 stack 0x7bdef000-0x7bdf0000-0x7bf00000
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x2a52a1c "?" wait timed out in thread 0036, blocked by 0037, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7e912d24 "d3d8_main.c: d3d8_cs" wait timed out in thread 0026, blocked by 0037, retrying (60 sec)
    fixme:thread:NtQueryInformationThread Cannot get kerneltime or usertime of other threads
    fixme:dbghelp:MiniDumpWriteDump NIY MiniDumpWithDataSegs
    fixme:dbghelp:dump_system_info fill in CPU vendorID and feature set
    Last edited by crazymanjared; April 28th, 2008 at 12:06 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Try as follows: open a text editor and create an empty text file. Copy&paste:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D]
    "DirectDrawRenderer"="opengl"
    "OffscreenRenderingMode"="fbo"
    "PixelShaderMode"="enabled"
    "RenderTargetLockMode"="textex"

- Save the file as "perfectworld.reg". Next, import that file into the wine registry, with the command:

wine regedit perfectworld.reg

(You'll have to run that command from the folder where you saved perfectworld.reg, of course).

Good luck.

Source: http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11492#c37

Beans
    i too tryed to run Perfect World on ubuntu, i was successful tho i experienced same problems of crashing, for some reason, lowering the display settings too much or increasing it too much would crash it, i tryed clicking recommanded (from the display option in the patcher) and then disabling everything but "Shadow" and it worked, i could play it but the problem is i cant get that same graphics like from windows and the icons are screwed up, see for ur self, and for the cursor problem, i just turn on A,D turning option on from the option menu in-game and hit ALT key and the mouse will show up(as a normal cursor), or use Hardy compiz fusion effect that shows the mouse location, its called "Show Mouse", u can find it in the Compiz fusion setting manager.
    its still unplayable on ubuntu....and wats worse is that the installation cannot be done in ubuntu using any kind of Wine(Wine, Cedega, Play on Linux)....none is able to start the installation... :/ its the only only thing keeping me of letting go of windows...more generally game but i only play this game in the mean while...and alot..

Intel 3.2GHz
    Hardy 32bit
    Nvidia Geforce 7300GT 512Mb
    1GB Ram
    Last edited by BlewoW; May 5th, 2008 at 06:39 PM.

Beans

Are there new updates that can run Perfect World on ubuntu? This game is the only reason why I still have XP on my PC.

Beans

Ok ive tried your how-to several times includen formatting and reinstalling ubuntu and im still haven trouble getting PW-International running, here are my system/software specs...Listing all even if it dont matter ^^

WhiteBox:
    AMD Athlon x64 +3800 2.0Ghz x2 (Dual Core) Processor
    ECS A780GM-A Motherboard
    3Gb DDR2 533Mhz RAM (1Gb Shared with integrated Graphics)
    80Gb 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
    DVD/CD Burner/Reader
    Ultra 69 in 1 Media Card Reader
    430W Power Supply
    5200RPM CPU Fan
    2500RPM System Fan
    Integrated 7.1 Sound
    Integrated Hybrid HD 3400 Graphics Unit
    Avg Download Speed = 200Kb/s

Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Wine 0.9.59 Shown on Desktop
    Wine 1.1.7 Shown in Terminal

DirectX 9.0c
    ATI Accelerated Graphics Driver (Enabled)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now that you know that im going to show you what the terminal showed me when i ran PW-International and the steps i took to that point

S1. Opened Terminal
    S2.CD ~/Desktop/PerfectWorldInternational/launcher
    S3.wine Launcher.exe

Terminal opened up PW and when i clicked "Start" it went to load screen for about 1 sec just long enofe to see it actualy load on the bar at bottom of window and then at login screen it flickered but i was still able to log in and then select character and enter world.

The cursor did not show or my character in character select screen and no other monsters/npcs/players showed while in game.

I have installed the pw.patch but had to go through the other steps several times so the order of the steps was messed up by the time i ran PW for the first time.

I havent Checked Sound yet since speakers are on the other computer.

I took Perfect World International folder from my Windows XP computer and burnt it onto a DVD with ImgBurn and used that to copy/paste to my desktop on this computer.

My PW-International Settings are at min. with none of the bubbles filled except windowed mode and i have it set to 800x600 and my client version is 24.

And im not sure if this is right but when it asks those questions the #7 one shows i386 and that looks like it would be ment for an Intel setup so if that matters could i get some help with that?

Last but not least what was shown in the terminal window before i exited...

2) from glUseProgramObjectARB @ glsl_shader.c / 3454
    fixme:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_load_constants >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glUniform4fvARB @ glsl_shader.c / 445
    fixme:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_select >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glUseProgramObjectARB @ glsl_shader.c / 3454
    fixme:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_load_constants >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glUniform4fvARB @ glsl_shader.c / 445
    fixme:d3d:state_fog Implement table fog for foggy vertex shader
    fixme:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_select >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glUseProgramObjectARB @ glsl_shader.c / 3454
    fixme:dinput:DllCanUnloadNow (void): stub

So if i could get a step-by-step on how to get PW-International installed and running properly on this system it would be much appreciated.

Here is how to contact me.
    1. Email: Beck_Xlll@hotmail.com (those are L's)
    2. Post on these forums the step-by-step (maybe others are in same position as me)
    3. Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/S_M_O_K_Y

Thank You for the current How-To it has helped me get this far and thats better than nothing. Good Luck to others!
    Last edited by XShinigamiXHadrielX; October 25th, 2008 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Missed System Spec

Beans

Question Re: Perfect World cursor proglem.

[QUOTE=happyhamster;4805950]You'll have to compile wine yourself, which can be quite a hassle.

- Open a terminal and navigate to the wine-0.9.59 folder.

How DO I open the terminal?

Beans

damn...i tried to install PW with Wine that comes from ubuntu intrepid main rep with no patches and stuff.
    It installed fine, but when i'm lauching the launcher.exe it just freezes on first "Connecting to server" dialog, that's very strange
    Flip-Top

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast