Thread: WUSB54G doesn't work in Hardy Heron?

Beans

Angry WUSB54G doesn't work in Hardy Heron?

Hi!

I'm new to Hardy Heron, but not really new to Ubuntu or Linux. I've been a Windows person for a long time, you see.

Anyway, I'm making use of that weird huge partitions that Acer computers seem to come with (for some reason, all Acer computers have the hard drives split into to partitions, each of the same size. My 300 Gig hard drive on my desktop is split into two 150s.) by installing Hardy Heron on it. Or should I say, I did make use of it because I have it installed already. My problem is that my WUSB54G V.4 USB wireless card isn't working properly in Hardy Heron. I did not have Ubuntu installed on this computer before, so I'm not sure if it worked with 7.10. In the top right corner, next to the date, is the little network button. It does see my network, so it must recognize the USB device, correct? It sees my network, and my neighbor's, too. So I click on mine, and when it asks for the encryption code (I'm using WEP) I choose WEP 64/128 HEX, type it in (I've done it so many times I'm sure I have it right; I do it with the "show key" box checked) and then it shows the two balls with the little thing flying around them. The one on the bottom left turns green, but the top right stays dark and unlit, and it stays like that for about 3 minutes, and then the box pops up telling my to put in the WEP code. It just does that endless cycle.

Is there a way to actually get it to work? I'm kinda new to Linux, and the command line is still scary to me. I mean, I understand it, but I don't understand 100% of it. I just need to know how I can get Ubuntu to connect to my WEP encrypted network.

Please help! Hardy Heron looks amazing, and I want to be able to take advantage of all of its wonderful features!

Beans

Re: WUSB54G doesn't work in Hardy Heron?

Mine doesnt work either after I upgraded to Hardy.....Linsys WUSB54G. At a loss too, using windows to post this. Anyone can help?
    Can see my network but cant connect.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

mine does not work either. wusb54g ver.4

Beans

try https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...esearch=Titles

hope it helps

If your using ndiswrapper make sure you are using a 32 bit windows driver on i386 hardy and a 64 bit driver on amd64.
    Last edited by wesmo; April 29th, 2008 at 03:04 PM.

Beans

Is there a way around this without ndiswrapper?

I'm using version 2.2
    Last edited by webbie180; April 30th, 2008 at 02:10 AM.

Beans

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=588045

I followed the instructions in the 1st post and it worked for me in hardy too.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

EDIT: I had two threads open and responded to the wrong one! Wotta boob. Sorry
    Last edited by DirtDawg; June 2nd, 2008 at 06:10 PM. Reason: General Boobiness

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I followed the instructions above and have a similar problem. I unclick roaming mode, choose the proper wireless network ssid and then it connects. The wireless network box is checked. When I close this window, I can't connect to the Internet and when I reopen the Network windows, wireless is again unchecked. What the deal? Anyone, please...I don't like sounding needy and impatient (even though I am).