Thread: [SOLVED] Default Image Viewer

Beans

[SOLVED] Default Image Viewer

Hi, a while ago i accidentally changed my default image viewing program to "Brasero - New Data Disc Project". So now when I view a picture I have to right click it, then highlight "Open With", then select "Open With Image Viewer".

Can someone please tell me how to make Image Viewer my default double click picture program again?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Default Image Viewer

Select your jpg/png etc right click select properties, go to the "Open With" tab and select Image Viewer if its not in the list of apps you can open with then select it from the list of apps by clicking "Add" and also remove Brasero from the "Open With" list by selecting it and clicking remove.

Beans

no, its not opening Image viewer that im having a problem with. I want to make it my default program for viewing pictures. Like, i don't want to have to right click to view a pic with it, i want to double click my picture and have image viewer automatically open it.

Beans
    Distro

In 8.04 selecting "Open With" with a specific app now sets the app as the default app to open with.

Beans

aww, im running 8.04 beta, and i dont think the beta can upgrade to the final release.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

ldarkwarriorl,

Have you tried following the directions you were given yet?
    Right click your image.
    Click on Preperties
    Go to the Open with... tab
    Choose the image viewer.

It will work. It has worked this way for a couple of years now. Just listen to the man, please.

And, yes, you can upgrade from the Beta to Final. If you have done your daily updates, you're already there.

Beans
    Distro

I think you have the wrong idea this feature has been in Hardy since the beta as for upgrading to full hardy just install the updates that come through the update manager.

Like is said right click on the image file select "Properties" from the list , not "Open With".
    When the Properties window comes up go to the "Open With Tab" and then select Image Viewer if its there, if not click the Add icon and select it from that list.
    See the attachtments
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cor2y; April 26th, 2008 at 06:39 PM.

Beans

Yes it works now. Thank you very much. I must've misunderstood the instructions earlier. Thank you.

Ill mark this as solved soon. i forgot how and i gotta go now.