Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I remove the Ubuntu recovery partition in Dell 1420N from within Ubuntu?

Beans

Re: How do I remove the Ubuntu recovery partition in Dell 1420N from within Ubuntu?

Is it necessary to resize the /dev/sda6 partition?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How do I remove the Ubuntu recovery partition in Dell 1420N from within Ubuntu?

I'm pretty sure that gparted won't let you make changes to partitions that are mounted. If you want to make changes to your linux partitions, the easiest way is to run gparted from the live CD.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

You'll have to do it from the live CD. First, you'll have to add the space to your primary partition, then add it to whatever errxtended partition you wish.
    Registered Linux user #32508.
    I use openSUSE on my Latitude E6500.

Beans

You can run "sudo umount /dev/sda2" that is the back up partition. but i recommend leaving it, it makes reinstall a breeze, incase there was a mistake with an upgrade and it is only 5Gbs so it is not like you're getting that much space. If you plan on keeping ubuntu on your dell, then you should prob keep it.

Beans

You may want to wait until Dell releases it's custom image for the Inspiron 1420n. You can use this custom image to wipe all current partitions and setup your own before installing Hardy. I currently am running the custom Gutsy image and carry it around in my laptops bag in case a restore is needed on the go.
    Quote Originally Posted by *snip*
    I love it when people stop trying to help me and I just uninstall ubuntu because of it . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12