Thread: [SOLVED] no cube effect with compiz fusion hardy-please help

Threaded View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Question [SOLVED] no cube effect with compiz fusion hardy-please help

I just installed Hardy and have gone through great pains to get compiz fusion up and running. I have used both Ubuntu Gutsy and Mint Daryna and have been able to get compiz fusion working flawlessly in both, but with Hardy it has been a different story.

I use Envy since it works the best with my ATI Radeon X1150 graphics card. I have the latest driver installed and also have the compizconfig-settings-manager installed. I am also using the fusion-icon for compiz fusion settings.

I can get most if not all other settings to work properly, but cannot get the cube working like it should. When I use ctrl-alt and the left right arrows, it flips to another side but no cube. Also, when I use ctrl+alt and the left tab button, rather than getting a cube I get a flat screen that I can manipulate much like the cube, but it is only 2 sided.

Any suggestions? I was also wondering why I can't get compiz-switch to work with hardy. I really have enjoyed linux and am willing to give hardy a try, but I have never had to work so hard to get a linux distro working the way I want it. Still better than Windows however.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and advice anyone can give me on this issue.

Huntwell
    Last edited by huntwell; April 26th, 2008 at 09:46 PM. Reason: solved