Thread: Wi-Fi no longer works

Beans

Wi-Fi no longer works

So I installed Ubuntu 7.10 on my Mac Mini, and it was great. I played with it a little, but I had some work to do,so I still used OS X mostly.

Now, I've finished the project I was working I, I went back to mainly using Ubuntu, about this was with 2 days until 8.04 dropped.

When it did drop, I upgraded. Everything runs great, minus my Wi-Fi. Before this, Wi-Fi works out of the box.

I'm a bit of Linux newb, so I'm not really sure what to do. I tired a few things, but nothing works. I had myself hooked up to my iBook, and I share that connection through ethernet, but thats not an ideal set up..

Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Wi-Fi no longer works

I assume you have an atheros card?

Try this:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ma...557d4439a30927

Beans

Yup I have it and, I'll try the link now

Beans

With the Subversion one, it asks me {Y/n}, and no matter what I press, it Aborts.

The other daily snapsnot one doesn't seem to do anything, that I can tell.

For the last step, is that still just a copy paste, or do I need to do something else?(Its says edit /etc/default/acpi-suppor, does that just mean I'll be editing when I run that command?)

Beans

so I got my Mac to see the card under Ubuntu(using a guide I found_, however I can't access online. It sees my network, and lets me join it, but it won't load any sites.

Any idea?
    Last edited by zap2; April 27th, 2008 at 03:45 AM.