Thread: Synchronizing Jailbroken iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.2) On Ubuntu (12.10) Using Banshee (2.6)

Beans

Question Synchronizing Jailbroken iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.2) On Ubuntu (12.10) Using Banshee (2.6)

Greetings all.

I am here with Ubuntu 12.10 (loving it) and a jailbroken iPhone 4S on iOS 6.1.2.
    I am using banshee 2.6.0 to organize my music. (I also use puddletag for heavy tagging buzinezz, but that is irrelevant).
    I need to synchronize my music library (on ~/Music) to my 4S.

The problem is that when I try to open banshee while my 4S is plugged in (or vice-versa), banshee opens as per normal, but promptly becomes unresponsive (along with window being grayed out). Do note that Quantal does recognize the 4S, allowing me to browse 'iPhone 4S' and 'Documents on iPhone 4S'.

After some moments of waiting, banshee indeed becomes responsive again, but after 3-5 seconds or so, becomes unresponsive once again. This whole cycle just repeats, as I assume banshee tries to recognize and mount (?) the 4S, failing, and trying again and again (to no avail).

I have tried Quantal's native music player, Rhythmbox, but it also seems to fail.

So, my questions are:

1. Is this issue only seen in the case of my (very current) version of iOS, jailbroken iPhones in general, or a combination of both?

2. How can I fix it? Failing which:

3. Where do I file a bug report, and how long should one expect a fairly obscure bug like this to be fixed?

Additional information:
    Laptop model: Lenovo ThinkPad X200
    Memory: 1.9 GiB
    Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz × 2

I'll be glad to supply additional details.

Beans

Re: Synchronizing Jailbroken iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.2) On Ubuntu (12.10) Using Banshee (2

Bump.
    It's been 4 days. Any help will be appreciated.

Beans

Re: Synchronizing Jailbroken iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.2) On Ubuntu (12.10) Using Banshee (2

Quote Originally Posted by mike666234 View Post
    So, my questions are:

1. Is this issue only seen in the case of my (very current) version of iOS, jailbroken iPhones in general, or a combination of both?
    I tried to sync music on an iPad with Banshee but failed, though it didn't freeze on me. I had a similar experience as yours. The iPad mounted in a file manager, but Banshee and Rhythmbox didn't sync anything. That's all I got.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by danield View Post
    Banshee and Rhythmbox didn't sync anything.
    Anyone else with similar problems, or is it just the occasional unlucky guy?

Beans

As far as I know, iOS 6 uses a new Hash, which has not been reverse-engineered yet ... until that is done, you won't be able to sync. But do keep checking, my info is a bit out of date.