Thread: Just installed Hardy No nvidia

Beans

Just installed Hardy No nvidia

I just finished installing hardy and i cannot get my dual screens or any features of my video card.

If i power up my comp. after the ubuntu studio logo it just goes black.

If i boot into rescue mode i can get cloned low res monitors. That is what i am using now to type this message.

Let me know if this is a quick fix.

I think i am going to buy a second HD so i do not have to worry about my data every three times a year i upgrade. Just HD for the OS. To be honsest fiesty worked perfect for me i loved it and since then i just lose features and hair with every upgrade. I will stick with it as that is the kinda guy i am, but it does drive me nuts and my wife hase also been awesome cannot believe she let me put linux on her lap top.

Anyways,

nadazip

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Just installed Hardy No nvidia

It seems that your card's driver is not installed. Disconnect the second monitor, reboot, go to System>Administration>Hardware Drivers, tick you card's entry to enable it (internet connection must be present) and after installation reboot. From that point on try to plug your second monitor and see what happens.

Good luck

(Hardy is a great release, it's just that it is too fresh, we'll get used to it )

Beans

It did boot the first time with just one monitor but as soon as i check the nvidia driver and do the restart it just goes black after the studio logo. I then have to power off reboot and then escape into rescue mode afte the first orange screen i get this message about some file called human.

It is very frustrating working on stuff that did work. I also find it annoying that the hope is to have a nice clean install , but then after you have tried all the various attempts to get it working you no it is all screwed up again.

Beans

I have only just really started working on this problem, but if anyone can help or tell me to wait and there will be a solution that will be awesome.

nvidia restricted driver can not be enabled if i enable i cannot boot my comp it just goes to a black screen.

If i do not install i a can boot but with no video features.

Anyone?