Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird WM/terminal problem in Hardy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Weird WM/terminal problem in Hardy

Upgraded to Hardy yesterday - Same problem on an old Dell Latitude CP M233ST - Has NeoMagic 2160 - Terminal is almost unusable.

Prosthetic Head - Assuming your IBM has the infamous cs4237b sound driver - I have the same on my Dell - Have you posted your solution in a Thread? I would be interested in seeing if the solution I used is the same as yours.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Quote Originally Posted by james_vanb View Post
    Upgraded to Hardy yesterday - Same problem on an old Dell Latitude CP M233ST - Has NeoMagic 2160 - Terminal is almost unusable.

Prosthetic Head - Assuming your IBM has the infamous cs4237b sound driver - I have the same on my Dell - Have you posted your solution in a Thread? I would be interested in seeing if the solution I used is the same as yours.
    I haven't posted it anywhere else, but seeing as 2 ppl have asked I've attached a guide i did for a friend with a 600e, hopefully it will help someone
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Awesome, I finally got audio working. Thank you!

One tip I have is that the initialize and disable quick boot is really important. I turned off the laptop (not restart). Went into bios, hit initialize, then disabled quick boot. After exiting bios, xubuntu loaded up and 'aplay -l' showed my sound card. Awesome!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

The following is a link to the Bug Report filed by Prosthetic Head:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...al/+bug/194769

If you have this problem, I would encourage you to add a comment to the Bug Report as the priority for a fix has not been determined yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12