Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardy Heron upgrade + dvd playback issues

Beans

Re: Hardy Heron upgrade + dvd playback issues

Quote Originally Posted by omicrondelta View Post
    Do I have to write a tutorial?
    Please do

Edit:
    Better yet just make us a .deb that will work so we dont hurt our feble brains..
    Last edited by lancern; April 26th, 2008 at 01:19 PM.

Beans

Thanks lancern, those are my exact error messages. As I already said all was well in Gutsy.

Omnicron (or somebody else); if you could give us some instructions about how to fix it woulb be great!! =)

Beans

no dvd for me either, nothing happens when I insert a dvd in my dvd drive!

Beans

http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/post/200...untu-Hardy-804

You could try this..Im just to lazy to try it my self

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Are you running libdvdcss2 from the medibuntu repos?

You can tell by looking at System>Administration>Software Sources:Third Party Software.

If you don't have it then add the repository by opening a terminal and entering this code:-

Code:
    sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/hardy.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list
    then the add the key
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install medibuntu-keyring && sudo apt-get update
    Using System>Administration>Synaptic Package Manager, search and then add libdvdcss2
    Itch: Think Hula hoop, positive on top, negative on bottom, roll it. Is it a wave or a particle? Is it a photon? Is a photon a dipole? Are we all made of light!

Beans

yes, I installed it already
    the dvd just won't mount
    it worked on my last ubuntu... so it must work

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by odin79 View Post
    Thanks lancern, those are my exact error messages. As I already said all was well in Gutsy.

Omnicron (or somebody else); if you could give us some instructions about how to fix it woulb be great!! =)
    When I sober up and read everything again in the morning, I'll be happy to make the world a better place... Cheers everyone... g'night, g'day, and gd'afteroon...

Beans

You'll love the warm fuzzy feeling you get when you make it work the way you want...

Beans

DVD::Rip is a good place to start... Then Ogle... I've never had bought DVDs working under any other apps on Linux...

gonna fire up the XP partition (sick of VMWare... dual-bootin this bitch laptop now) and write a few lines of code for my Parallax microcontroller (frak off gputils) project...

I be drunk and gonna crash, and bow my head to the pros like the newb that I am... G'night and cheers...
    Last edited by omicrondelta; April 26th, 2008 at 02:00 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

In vlc player go to preferences. Press reset all. Check in 'input/codecs' that the DVD device points to /dev/scd0 (or, if you have a different setting to whatever your dvd drive has been mounted to). Apply and navigate back to vlc player main screen. When you do File>Open Disc it should point to the same device name. Does it?
    Itch: Think Hula hoop, positive on top, negative on bottom, roll it. Is it a wave or a particle? Is it a photon? Is a photon a dipole? Are we all made of light!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast