Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broadcom 4318 + Hardy = no internet, please help!

Beans

Re: Broadcom 4318 + Hardy = no internet, please help!

Quote Originally Posted by SkipBlue View Post
    I tried that and downloaded the driver, however the 'enabled' checkbox is not checked! I have restarted multiple times and it still doesn't work...
    sorry new to the posting...I was using 7.10 before and upgraded. I did reinstall the old driver I had on cd (for 7.10) and then tried the direct connect previously mentioned. If you have driver try that, if not and you know of a way I can post it here or send it to you I do have it on cd.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by GroupB View Post
    I have a similar problem with the Broadcom card on my Dell Latitude D600 (sorry, I just made a post about it, but it could be combined with this thread). It worked under 7.10, but not after my upgrade to 8.04 today. It instructed me to download the restricted driver (which I did) but still no luck. Everytime I try to check the "Enable" box, it tells me that a restart of the machine is required, which doesn't work despite multiple attempts. Any thoughts?
    Yep -- I have the old Dell Latitude D600 as well...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by imaworrier View Post
    sorry new to the posting...I was using 7.10 before and upgraded. I did reinstall the old driver I had on cd (for 7.10) and then tried the direct connect previously mentioned. If you have driver try that, if not and you know of a way I can post it here or send it to you I do have it on cd.
    I do not have that driver... I'm guessing it's the B43xx
    you could try email it to me at bristol.corinthian@gmail.com
    thanks!
    New User
    "Curiosity killed the cat... but for awhile I was a suspect" - Steven Wright
    http://www.xkcd.com/149/

Beans

Hey,
    I just found this thread which told me to uninstall 2 packages related to the Broadcom card with Synaptic Manager and then use the command line to re-install the driver. The instructions are here (the second post in the thread has the method I used):

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=709259

It worked on my Dell Latitude D600! Thanks,

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SkipBlue View Post
    I do not have that driver... I'm guessing it's the B43xx
    you could try email it to me at bristol.corinthian@gmail.com
    thanks!
    email sent, good luck.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I have had the same problem in Hardy but have not been able to fix it (tried Group B's suggestion a couple of times, a little differently each time).
    I filled out a bug report earlier, so please confirm it on Launchpad if applicable. Thanks.
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...er/+bug/222197

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hello! I have a Compaq Presario with bcm4311. I installed 7.10 and the wireless card was enabled but it didn't capture any network. Today I installed 8.04, but the card was not enabled, no driver, no wireless. Any help?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

WORKING! HPzv6000+Broadcom 4318 + Hardy = no internet, please help!

I just got wireless to work in 5 minutes...

Here's the details:

HP zv6000 laptop
    AMD Athlon64
    Hardy 8.04 64-bit
    Broadcom 4318 (bcwml5 drivers)

I copied my Broadcom drivers (from my Windows XP partition) into a folder in Hardy.
    Next I selected "System" on the top panel ---> then "Administration" --->
    then "Hardware Drivers" and Hardy took over, with BWCutter (?) and installed the driver (a screen popped up, sorry I didn't get an image and I had to check the box on the screen)
    When the driver was extracted by Hard/BWCutter the "Hardware Drivers" screen came back up and I selected "Enable", said yes to the question about using restricted drivers.

Now I have Wireless for the first time without using Linuxant's Driverloader pay software!

Hope this helps.

P.S. Is it legal to share Broadcom Drivers with others? I will if it's legal...

Harpazo

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: WORKING! HPzv6000+Broadcom 4318 + Hardy = no internet, please help!

Quote Originally Posted by harpazo View Post
    I just got wireless to work in 5 minutes...

Here's the details:

HP zv6000 laptop
    AMD Athlon64
    Hardy 8.04 64-bit
    Broadcom 4318 (bcwml5 drivers)

I copied my Broadcom drivers (from my Windows XP partition) into a folder in Hardy.
    Next I selected "System" on the top panel ---> then "Administration" --->
    then "Hardware Drivers" and Hardy took over, with BWCutter (?) and installed the driver (a screen popped up, sorry I didn't get an image and I had to check the box on the screen)
    When the driver was extracted by Hard/BWCutter the "Hardware Drivers" screen came back up and I selected "Enable", said yes to the question about using restricted drivers.

Now I have Wireless for the first time without using Linuxant's Driverloader pay software!

Hope this helps.

P.S. Is it legal to share Broadcom Drivers with others? I will if it's legal...

Harpazo
    What folder were the drivers in on your windows partition and what folder did you put them into in Hardy? Are you using WinXP or Vista?
    I have a dual boot with Vista, so I'm willing to give this a try. Did you have to enable ndiswrapper for this?

Beans

Smile Re: Broadcom 4318 + Hardy = no internet, please help!

Well I just got my wireless to work!!!!!!!!

all I did was (after trying many different things in different threads)

go into synaptic (system->administration->synaptic)
    and search for 'Broadcom'
    then I installed all three packages that came up (b43-fwcutter [which should already be installed, but I updated it to be sure], bcm43xx-fwcutter, and bcm5700-source)
    after download and installation a setup for the bcm43xx-fwcutter came up, i went through it (don't remember exactly) and now my wireless connects, infact I am posting from it RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!
    New User
    "Curiosity killed the cat... but for awhile I was a suspect" - Steven Wright
    http://www.xkcd.com/149/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12