Page 115 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1784

Thread: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Quote Originally Posted by ashwinipn View Post
    I would rather suggest you to uninstall totem-mozill-plugin completely and install gecko mediaplyer plugin. This one calls Gnome mplayer to play the video and you would be able to select types of drivers (e.g., xv, gl, or x11 for graphics and alsa or pulse for audio). Just make sure that in the second tab of preferences (Gnome player), all the emulations (WMP, Quicktime, Realplayer, and DivX) are ticked.
    Regarding problem with audio with many open application (maily along with Mozilla), I also experience this and trying to understand the fundamentals of pulse audio system. To be specific, I have Gizmo5 installed that does not function properly with ALSA. So, I have OSS for that.... When Firefox is on, Gizmo does not load as it can not find a audio device. When firefox is closed, it functions fine... Previously same problem was with Skype also... but I could load skype successfully with pulse I now I don't experience such a problem.. I was trying to search for the place where I can see/manipulate the audio devices in firefox, but couldn't get it.
    I am yet to understand pulse in a better way, but crudely, I feel it may function as a router/server through which different applications and drivers would be able to function simultaneously.
    Thanks, I resolved some of my problems.I can now see the apple trailers and can play movies if firefox is opened, but ONLY with gnome-mplayer,the other players won't work. So, I still can't listen to music when firefox is opened, or I loose all sound in firefox if I open a music player before opening firefox...
    Last edited by Troll_the_Great; March 1st, 2009 at 02:02 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Troll_the_Great View Post
    Thanks, I resolved some of my problems.I can now see the apple trailers and can play movies if firefox is opened, but ONLY with gnome-mplayer,the other players won't work. So, I still can't listen to music when firefox is opened, or I loose all sound in firefox if I open a music player before opening firefox...
    Hi,
    Glad to know that you could resolve some of your problems... Try following this link for the audio issue:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=789578

I started doing it yesterday and currently partially successful. Now I can play rhythmbox while firefox is open.... and flash in firfox als plays the sound... but gizmo project softphone still is an unresoved issue... Anyways, it is very less time spent.... so I can not say anything for sure. Nevertheless, the article gives a good understanding of how pulse audio works....

Regards,

Ashwini

I've tried a dozen solutions to the ubuntu flash problem on these forums. This one works, no muss no fuss it just makes my youtube and lastfm videos run. I couldn't find the thank you tab so I am posting here.

Thank You

Beans

I am trying to get VLC to be my default DVD player and Totem keeps coming up when I insert a DVD. I was just going to leave alone because last time I tried anything more my DVD stopped working.
    But the problem I am having is when a website has a quicktime movie both VLC and totem try to start and firefox locks up.

What do I need to do to get Totem away and have VLC as default dvd player

Beans
    Distro

Hi,
    Glad to know that you could resolve some of your problems... Try following this link for the audio issue:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=789578

I started doing it yesterday and currently partially successful. Now I can play rhythmbox while firefox is open.... and flash in firfox als plays the sound... but gizmo project softphone still is an unresoved issue... Anyways, it is very less time spent.... so I can not say anything for sure. Nevertheless, the article gives a good understanding of how pulse audio works....

Regards,

Ashwini
    Man, you are a life saver! My sound is working again I don't use gizmo, so I don't know about that, but totem, vlc, amarok, rithmbox (and all players I think) are working now.
    Thanks again!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythegroundhog View Post
    I am trying to get VLC to be my default DVD player and Totem keeps coming up when I insert a DVD. I was just going to leave alone because last time I tried anything more my DVD stopped working.
    But the problem I am having is when a website has a quicktime movie both VLC and totem try to start and firefox locks up.

What do I need to do to get Totem away and have VLC as default dvd player
    Please follow the guide of this thread on page 1 carefully. Along with the query what you asked, you would be able to solve many more problems you had and would face.... I am sure you would never regret and rather it would help you to graduate from the first cup to further as it has done to me and many more...

Regards,

Ashwini

Beans

Please follow the guide of this thread on page 1 carefully. Along with the query what you asked, you would be able to solve many more problems you had and would face.... I am sure you would never regret and rather it would help you to graduate from the first cup to further as it has done to me and many more...

Regards,

Ashwini
    I did follow the instructions on page #1 and this is where I ended up,
    Example To get default dvd player the first page says to change launcher properties from "wxvlc%F" to
    "llc -- volume 512 %m" this locked my dvd player so it would not run. I put it back to "wxvlc%F" an now at least my dvd is working. I will try again
    Last edited by jimmythegroundhog; March 2nd, 2009 at 09:29 PM.

Beans

Can we apply this howto on jaunty jackalope?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

I tried it on Jaunty. I followed the instructions listed for Intrepid. Medibuntu has the repos up for Jaunty. Anyhow, everything appeared to install ok. I did have one exception and that was libavcodec-unstripped-51. Which reported back with the following.
    "Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package libavcodec-unstripped-51 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source
    E: Package libavcodec-unstripped-51 has no installation candidate"

I also want to mention that I only needed and therefore tried the first and forth parts (VLC player specifically). So your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by upfwnv03; March 11th, 2009 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Add the fact that I only tried first and forth parts of how-to

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

What do you think about adding Handbrake for video conversion and DVD ripping with audio conversion?

I tested Handbrake on Hardy, Intrepid and Jaunty, and it works quite well. Use https://launchpad.net/~handbrake-ubuntu/+archive/ppa for Hardy, use downloads right off handbrake.fr for Intrepid and Jaunty.

Page 115 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast