Page 116 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1784

Thread: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

I have a DVD play problem. Windows media player correctly can select any of 3 tracks (including sub-titled option) from a menu. However, neither Movie Player or vlc under either Hardy (on desktop) or Intrepid (on laptop) can display the menu or play any track but the first. Help!
    John

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Great walkthru, got me up and running in no time.

I have set up an old system with Ubuntu 8.10 to back up all my dvds
    and eventually stream them to PS3.

Handbrake was a no go till I followed your steps here.

Big thanks!!!

someday no more windows!!! (for me at least dont know if I could ever get the wife up and running on linux).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

This is exactly what I was needing. This solved several issues:

Rhapsody not allowing login
    Not being able to view video while online

I cannot tell what the issue was that solved each, but I thank you for your post and for keeping it up to date.

Tony

Beans

Talking Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Great post Nathan.
    I have been hunting for months for a video editor that would let me delete some scenes from a DVD.
    Avidemux finally did it for me.

One suggestion, you mention purging or deleting a bunch of files but don't really say why. I did not feel comfortable doing that so I just skipped that step and did the apt-get install steps. Seemed to work.

You also mention problems with Mplayer and no DVD playback, or no sound etc.
    Just like I get. I solved that problem by using XINE. It seems to be able to handle DVD .vob files just fine, where the other two do not.

pgmer6809

pgmer6809

Beans

hi i have flash player installed in the system(as shown by synaptic) but still cannot play youtube videos.i read in the net that deleting xpti.dat should solve it.i did it.but still cannot play the videos.what should be wrong?

Beans

I am using Intrepid with the latest kernel and NVIDIA driver. Playback of 1080p mkv files is choppy in mplayer/ vlc/ totem-xine, totem-gstreamer, while Media player classic plays them smoothly in Vista.

Shall appreciate any help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Complete Multimedia & Video How-to

Help!! - I had really choppy videos in youtube/hulu - I have been through the Guide several times- recently I totally overhauled using the info provided here, now my videos don't work and I'm prompted to install flash- I have installed/un-installed flash 10 times to no avail, disables flashblocker, changed settings, and probabaly screwed up big time...any help would be greatly appreciated

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thanks for this nice tuts...! Been using this on my Hardy and Intrepid...!

Helps a lot...!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I have completely lost video, flash still does not work even after numerous installs/uninstalls - i have changed preferences in firefox to no avail- completely installed/uninstalled gecko,mplayer,vlc,and flash (standard download plugins for very program) and nothing works - I have attempted to tool around but 1) i don't know where to start and 2) i'm afraid of really screwing up my desktop - i have 8.04, everything worked previously, except i had some trouble with dvd playback and flash video playback (flickering or black screen)- what should i do, what programs do i need, is it a program problem or hardware? - any help would be greatly appreciated

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I'm getting an error upon installing this list. I've followed the troubleshooting steps there, but im at a loss.

Code:
    brandonh@bhdesktop:/media$ sudo apt-get remove gnash gnash-common libflash-mozplugin libflashsupport mozilla-plugin-gnash swfdec-mozilla && sudo apt-get install alsa-oss faac faad flashplugin-nonfree ia32-libs icedtea-gcjwebplugin libk3b2-extracodecs liblame0 libtunepimp5-mp3 libxine1-ffmpeg non-free-codecs openjdk-6-jre unrar
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package gnash is not installed, so not removed
    Package gnash-common is not installed, so not removed
    E: Couldn't find package libflash-mozplugin
    brandonh@bhdesktop:/media$
    Mine ---Dell Latitude D820 - 8.10 - Core2Duo T7400, 3GB
    G/f's --- Dell Studio 15 - 8.10 - Core2Duo T8400, 4GB, intel GMA Xeleventybillion.

Page 116 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast