Page 78 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Beans

Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Quote Originally Posted by Orfintain View Post
    Close firefox- then edit the plugin dat file ,
    (i got that part to work for me by doing that)
    Thx,
    already try with no sucess.

What is going on, flash kill firefox, qicktime need upgrade, gecko don't show video ... hei whi all of this on so beutiful distro? =)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by tolmun View Post
    Thx,
    already try with no sucess.

What is going on, flash kill firefox, qicktime need upgrade, gecko don't show video ... hei whi all of this on so beutiful distro? =)

Which version of Flash Player are you using? See my troubleshooting section, I recommend either v10 RC, or v10 beta 1.

The version of Gecko Media Player in Hardy states it emulates Quictime v6, when really it should say v7. That oversight is fixed in the version found in the Intrepid repo. It's too risky to install that version in Hardy due to its dependencies.

How long have you had display issues with GNOME MPlayer? Have you checked my troubleshooting section for advice?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
    I followed this and now I can't get compwiz animations to work. I told it to reinstall and it didn't work. Uninstalled and reinstalled, and it didn't work. What do I do?

Compiz? My howto doesn't interfere with desktop effects, perhaps there was an update to your graphics driver.

I need more info.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by tolmun View Post
    Hi,
    I have a same problem editing "pluginreg.dat" file.
    Everytime reloade with old one
    How to resolve "Get the latest Quictime"?
    I too have the same problem as Beerguzzler and Tolmun, and have tried similar things. I completely reinstalled everything, accepted all the updates, and then followed the Howto to the letter, but have the Get The Latest Quicktime problem.

I'm happy to wait until 8.10.

Beans

On this computer firefox is also refreshing the pluginreg.dat every time it restarts. So i also have the 'get the latest quicktime plugin.' issue with the mplayer gecko plugin.

Since not everybody seems to have this problem, i am guessing that there is a way you can turn the refreshing of the pluginreg.dat off. So the question is how could we do this? Sadly i am not a firefox guru, but if you are one and are reading this thread, it would be cool if you help us out

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by joris1977 View Post
    On this computer firefox is also refreshing the pluginreg.dat every time it restarts. So i also have the 'get the latest quicktime plugin.' issue with the mplayer gecko plugin.

Since not everybody seems to have this problem, i am guessing that there is a way you can turn the refreshing of the pluginreg.dat off. So the question is how could we do this? Sadly i am not a firefox guru, but if you are one and are reading this thread, it would be cool if you help us out

Firefox 2x never used to refresh it on every launch, which was actually a big pain, as you had to manually delete the pluginreg.dat file everytime you changed between audio/video browser plugins, or even just changed their settings.

I don't know if the new behaviour can be disabled, let me do some research.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ubuntu-freak View Post
    Which version of Flash Player are you using? See my troubleshooting section, I recommend either v10 RC, or v10 beta 1.

The version of Gecko Media Player in Hardy states it emulates Quictime v6, when really it should say v7. That oversight is fixed in the version found in the Intrepid repo. It's too risky to install that version in Hardy due to its dependencies.

How long have you had display issues with GNOME MPlayer? Have you checked my troubleshooting section for advice?
    Thank you ubuntu-freak,
    for dedicate your time.

Runing 8.04 four mounth and i've use <this> on fresh install.

Flash sometimes kill firefox.
    Shockwave Flash 9.0 r124.
    Now try SF v10 RC.

Gnome mplayer issue from first day.
    =)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by joris1977 View Post

First off, thank you for this guide, it is really good. I have been in IT for a while, but have stuck with Windows. I am tired of trying to plug holes in an insecure OS, so you can consider me a convert. I am not at all familiar with using a Linux GUI as I have always used command prompt, so this is very new and exciting.

This guide has fixed all of my DVD playback issues, and for that alone I am very happy.

In Firefox, I get the quicktime upgrade message and I also get a black screen for realplayer. When I update the .dat file as suggested, it refreshes and removes the line on Firefox start.

I am going to attempt to use realplayer for it's native files. I have no clue what I will do about the quicktime plug ins, I have been searching for hours to find a fix.

If I find one that works I will post here. Until then, if anyone has a fix, please post!

Beans

Error message when attempting to stream video

I have tried streaming from this website with both gecko-mediaplayer and mplayer and no luck. I keep getting a message that says that my WMP is out of date and that I need to upgrade. I used to be able to stream from this site last year using gutsy, but no more. It works fine in windows, but the PC I want you for this is linux only (no XP partition) so I have to make work using linux. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Okay, tried method three. Did not work at all for quicktime. For realplayer, mplayer opens, but does not play, or acts like it is playing and I get a blank screen, no sound.

I checked the add ons and disabled the Geko plug in.That fixed quicktime.

Page 78 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast