Page 125 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1784

Thread: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Thank you very much for this post. I was very disappointed after ugrading to Jaunty that I couldn't Listen Again. This post has sorted it out. You are a star.

Beans

Great work Ubuntu-freak! Thanks for the time and effort in posting all of this... worked first time for me on Ubuntu Studio 9.04!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Dear ubuntu-freak,
    Superb and beautifully explained.My sound prob. is solved.
    Thank you so much.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by jayanramesh View Post
    Dear ubuntu-freak,
    Superb and beautifully explained.My sound prob. is solved.
    Thank you so much.
    If it was a sound problem (IE: Sound not playing) you could've installed esound and removed pulseaudio. It's what I do every time I install Ubuntu, as pulseaudio does not need to be read into top as a separate process from the system.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Ubuntufreak, Hey thanks for the information.

It's so nice to see things just work so well. Just seeing lines move in the terminal brings a tear to the eye.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thank you for this "how to" guide. It was very helpful. I wish I had read it all the way through though because you had an easy fix to a problem but I worked it out on my own anyway.

Youtube was not working and I couldn't get flash to install on my 64-bit system. Now I saw you had a bunch of command line options that did it but I compiled a tarball and it is working fine now. If you are using firefox after installing a flash plugin for a 64-bit ubuntu, you might want to close firefox and retstart it again because otherwise it acts strange.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Complete Multimedia & Video How-to

Nathan I followed your DVD playback to a "T" and nothing seems to work. Mind you the VLC program starts up when DVD is inserted but no show (literally). I can't even access the "Deinterlace" in the VLC program, I can see it but I can't access it. What does happen at the beginning is that a blank screen flashes as if the video is about to start and then it just disappears. I am running an ATX small form factor Intel P4 system with 1gig DDR, with the notorious 845gl onboard video chip.

I have a laptop that is experiencing the same thing with the VLC and the same results. So I don't believe it's a hardware issue. Oh, and I am running the new Jaunty Jackalope.

What thinkest thou?
    Last edited by ruggles; May 17th, 2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: adding more information

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

ruggles, have you tried playing the DVD with totem instead?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I did everything this told me to, and when I restarted my screen went bonkers and said it had to boot in low-graphics. Then, I reset the configuration to default and restarted. Everything works fine now (so it didn't undo the work this howto did), but my pointer is working strangely. Instead of speeding up when I do long, fast strokes, it slows down! It also goes faster when I do small, slow strokes. How do I get it working normally and not backwards?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    ruggles, have you tried playing the DVD with totem instead?
    Sometimes I just sit here and cry as to why these things just don't work. I have tried many many times in trying to use Totem. I have read people's posts on this forum say that they wouldn't use anything else, but I can't get it to work with this system. Mind you, someone did offer a configuration in which I was able to use VLC properly when I first started playing around with ubuntu 6 months ago, but ubuntu offered an upgrade which caused me to do a format because everything went haywire, but I can't remember the website that had that unique blend of configs that made the whole thing come together. I would love for Totem to work, but alas I find myself drowning in my own cup of Roobios.

My laptop is a compaq r3000 with 1gig memory.

Page 125 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast