Page 89 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Beans

Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Using 32 bit intrepid, I entered command below, and the result at the end was that a package did now load. Was is the problem?

daryl@daryl-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get remove gnash gnash-common libflash-mozplugin libflashsupport mozilla-plugin-gnash swfdec-mozilla && sudo apt-get install alsa-oss faac faad flashplugin-nonfree gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-multiverse gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly-multiverse gstreamer0.10-pitfdll libavcodec-unstripped-51 libmp3lame0 non-free-codecs sun-java6-fonts sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin unrar
    [sudo] password for daryl:
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package gnash is not installed, so not removed
    Package gnash-common is not installed, so not removed
    Package libflash-mozplugin is not installed, so not removed
    Package libflashsupport is not installed, so not removed
    Package mozilla-plugin-gnash is not installed, so not removed
    Package swfdec-mozilla is not installed, so not removed
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package libavcodec-unstripped-51 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source
    E: Package libavcodec-unstripped-51 has no installation candidate

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

libavcodec-unstripped-51 is in the multiverse section of the official repository.
    http://packages.ubuntu.com/intrepid/...-unstripped-51

Check that the multiverse repo is enabled by going to
    System>Administration>Software Sources. There should be a checkbox for the multiverse repo there.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Hi,
    sorry I haven't read though all of the replies but I have scanned through and didn't notice any mention of the problem that I have.
    Um.. why is it that when I install the essentials my kb3 gets uninstalled and then if I reinstall it the libs for kb3 in the essentials get uninstalled. I'm running Hardy btw.
    Otherwise so far loving the tutorial.
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by brigit View Post
    Hi,
    sorry I haven't read though all of the replies but I have scanned through and didn't notice any mention of the problem that I have.
    Um.. why is it that when I install the essentials my kb3 gets uninstalled and then if I reinstall it the libs for kb3 in the essentials get uninstalled. I'm running Hardy btw.
    Otherwise so far loving the tutorial.
    Thanks

No idea, but make sure both are removed, then try using "sudo aptitude install" to install them, instead of "sudo apt-get install".

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Having had a closer look at it could it be because my k3b is a diffrent version? I already had installed k3b and k3b-data and libk3b3 and it is when I install libk3b2 and libk3b2-extracodecs that k3b gets uninstalled. So I've just installed libk3b3-extracodecs instead.
    One other thing is I get messages asking me to install the latest quicktime so I tried following your instructions regarding adding the line QuickTime Plug-in 7.0 / 7:$ in pluginreg.dat but the line regarding Quicktime Plug-in reads QuickTime Plug-in 7.4.5:$
    instead of QuickTime Plug-in 6.0 / 7:$ so I tried adding QuickTime Plug-in 7.0 / 7:$ anyhow, but it didn't make much diffrence.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mrebus View Post
    I had this exact same problem.
    I had the same problem too, albeit w/ the 32bit flavor. You have to go back to Software Sources, the tab titled "Third-Party Software," and tick (what was the first in my list, yours may differ) "http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu intrepid partner."

I feel like it was ticked automatically in Hardy, but I could be wrong. The command worked once I had done that.

Good luck!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by brigit View Post
    Having had a closer look at it could it be because my k3b is a diffrent version? I already had installed k3b and k3b-data and libk3b3 and it is when I install libk3b2 and libk3b2-extracodecs that k3b gets uninstalled. So I've just installed libk3b3-extracodecs instead.
    One other thing is I get messages asking me to install the latest quicktime so I tried following your instructions regarding adding the line QuickTime Plug-in 7.0 / 7:$ in pluginreg.dat but the line regarding Quicktime Plug-in reads QuickTime Plug-in 7.4.5:$
    instead of QuickTime Plug-in 6.0 / 7:$ so I tried adding QuickTime Plug-in 7.0 / 7:$ anyhow, but it didn't make much diffrence.

Yeah, the libs and application versions need to correspond.

Regarding the Quictime trailers, that issue should be fixed in 8.10 Intrepid, so I'm not sure what's going on there. I used the Intrepid version of Gecko Media Player in Hardy and that fixed it for me.

Beans

Many thanks for the update. I wonder if you could help me regarding conversion of .flv from youtube to my son's sonyericsson w610i on Ubuntu 8.10 (never managed on 8.04 either).

I've followed howto, but haven't fetched sources from repositories (neither ubuntu nor medibuntu). Conversions (8.04) from flv to any phone format (supposedly .3gp, that works in his phone) produced files that mostly didn't have sound on PC while did have sound but no video on phone. I've tried both WinFF and Avidemux (according to the instructions here) and I've tried many formats (3gp, mp4, 3g2, avi)

Now I updated to 8.10, fetched sources (both ubuntu and medibuntu), the result is the same. WinFF always complains about EVERY codec as "unknown encoder" (h263, h264,xvid,mspeg4, etc). I've marked both ffmpeg and avidemux for reinstallation, but the result is the same. Should I remove them and try installing from source, as per these instructions from ffmpeg?

Many thanks in advance for your response that I hope will be simple since I'm not able to follow complicated advice these days (health issues), but still want to feature myself in front of my son.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

According to the user guide found here:
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/supp...serguide/k610i
    The phone supports the following file types: MP3, MP4, M4A, 3GPP, AMR, MIDI, iMelody, eMelody, WMA, WMV, WAV (16kHz maximum sample rate) and Real8. The phone also supports streamed files that are 3GPP compatible.
    To convert an flv file into, say, an mp3 file you could try this command:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -sameq -i filename.flv filename.mp3
    The ffmpeg package is in the official repositories.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by unutbu View Post
    To convert an flv file into, say, an mp3 file you could try this command:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -sameq -i filename.flv filename.mp3
    The ffmpeg package is in the official repositories.
    Many thanks, but I am able to convert flv to sound and that sound plays at his phone. I even managed to produce several video files, but those files never produced sound in his phone. What I'm trying is to produce a video file with sound to be played in phone.

I tried the above command and got the following output (that might help diagnose where I'm stuck)

Code:
    lazar@milinko:~/Public$ ffmpeg -sameq -i naruto\ fan\ flash\ 0.6-mA2ogiIrIg8.flv /home/lazar/Videos/test/narutofanflash06.3gpFFmpeg version r11872+debian_3:0.svn20080206-12ubuntu3, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
      configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-pp --enable-swscaler --enable-x11grab --prefix=/usr --enable-libgsm --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-pthreads --disable-strip --enable-libfaad --enable-libfaadbin --enable-liba52 --enable-liba52bin --enable-libdc1394 --disable-armv5te --disable-armv6 --disable-altivec --disable-vis --enable-shared --disable-static
      libavutil version: 49.6.0
      libavcodec version: 51.50.0
      libavformat version: 52.7.0
      libavdevice version: 52.0.0
      built on Oct  3 2008 22:40:31, gcc: 4.3.2

Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 1000.00 (1000/1) -> 12.00 (12/1)
    Input #0, flv, from 'naruto fan flash 0.6-mA2ogiIrIg8.flv':
      Duration: 00:01:24.4, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 64 kb/s
        Stream #0.0: Video: flv, yuv420p, 320x239 [PAR 0:1 DAR 0:1], 12.00 tb(r)
        Stream #0.1: Audio: mp3, 22050 Hz, mono, 64 kb/s
    Output #0, 3gp, to '/home/lazar/Videos/test/narutofanflash06.3gp':
        Stream #0.0: Video: 0x0000, yuv420p, 320x239 [PAR 0:1 DAR 0:1], q=2-31, 200 kb/s, 12.00 tb(c)
        Stream #0.1: Audio: 0x0000, 22050 Hz, mono, 64 kb/s
    Stream mapping:
      Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
      Stream #0.1 -> #0.1
    Unsupported codec for output stream #0.0
    lazar@milinko:~/Public$
    Where do I get those codecs?

Page 89 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast