Page 76 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

I have a problem with installation of flashplugin-nonfree. I have tried purging and reinstalling and am not having much luck When I do anything to fix it I get the following :
    Setting up flashplugin-nonfree (10.0.1.218+10.0.0.525ubuntu1) ...
    Installing from local file /var/cache/flashplugin-nonfree/flashplayer10_install_linux_070208.tar.gz
    Flash Plugin installed.
    /usr/bin/linux32: /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer.bin: No such file or directory
    nspluginwrapper: no appropriate viewer found for /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so
    dpkg: error processing flashplugin-nonfree (--configure):
    subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    flashplugin-nonfree
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

How do I get beyond this problem? Thanks in advance
    HP g72t icore3 with intel graphics and broadcom 4313 wireless running 13.04unity, Ubuntu GNOME updated to 13.10 and a 13.10 unity. Plus using older desktop machine running 12.04 Lubuntu with nvidia geforce mx400.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lonniehenry View Post
    I have a problem with installation of flashplugin-nonfree. I have tried purging and reinstalling and am not having much luck When I do anything to fix it I get the following :
    Setting up flashplugin-nonfree (10.0.1.218+10.0.0.525ubuntu1) ...
    Installing from local file /var/cache/flashplugin-nonfree/flashplayer10_install_linux_070208.tar.gz
    Flash Plugin installed.
    /usr/bin/linux32: /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer.bin: No such file or directory
    nspluginwrapper: no appropriate viewer found for /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so
    dpkg: error processing flashplugin-nonfree (--configure):
    subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    flashplugin-nonfree
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

How do I get beyond this problem? Thanks in advance
    Sorry if this sounds insulting, but are you running on a 32 bit machine or 64
    Ubuntu On a Dell Inspiron 1525N
    I've been conned into using Linux since ~06?
    UPGRADING = <--nuff said

Beans
    Distro

64 bit Intrepid 2.6.26 kernel
    HP g72t icore3 with intel graphics and broadcom 4313 wireless running 13.04unity, Ubuntu GNOME updated to 13.10 and a 13.10 unity. Plus using older desktop machine running 12.04 Lubuntu with nvidia geforce mx400.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lonniehenry View Post
    64 bit Intrepid 2.6.26 kernel

Well the plugin installer (i think, maybe code you pasted in) was pointing to directories found on a 32bit install, maybe there is a 64 bit version of the flash install other wise I don't know
    Ubuntu On a Dell Inspiron 1525N
    I've been conned into using Linux since ~06?
    UPGRADING = <--nuff said

Beans
    Distro

um I was trying to follow the guide for hardy with medibuntu's intrepid repos. Well I keep trying to solve. Thanks for the response.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by Browser_ice View Post
    You should keep an eye on threads talking about Flash-10 for possible problems happening a few days after being installed.

I installed it 3 days ago and everything was working great until yesterday. It simply closes Firefox 3 without warnings as soon as it sees a Flash animation. I have not been able to use Flash since. I intend on removing it and putting back Flash-9.

I just have to figure out the package name to remove.

Flash Player v10 RC? I haven't used it, as nspluginwrapper isn't compatible with it yet. Flash Player v10 beta 1 works fine though, give that a try.

Beans

I'm a 64-bit user with fairly regular loss of YouTube video access. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! All fixed now.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyeric View Post
    I'm a 64-bit user with fairly regular loss of YouTube video access. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! All fixed now.

You're welcome.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Fantastic guide, however I still cannot get the past the "Get latest quicktime" message.

I've noticed that when I restart Firefox, the pluginreg.dat file is re-writing itself and deleting the QuickTime Plug-in 7.0 / 7:$ entry.

I've edited the file as both myself and root (via the gksu nautilus command), I've created more new firefox profiles than I can remember and even re-installed Hardy.

Hope you can help.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by beerguzzler View Post
    Fantastic guide, however I still cannot get the past the "Get latest quicktime" message.

I've noticed that when I restart Firefox, the pluginreg.dat file is re-writing itself and deleting the QuickTime Plug-in 7.0 / 7:$ entry.

I've edited the file as both myself and root (via the gksu nautilus command), I've created more new firefox profiles than I can remember and even re-installed Hardy.

Hope you can help.

You shouldn't use gksudo/sudo for tasks in your home directory.

Try putting the QT7 line in different places in the pluginreg.dat file. It shouldn't be rewritten if the QT6 line is still there, strange.

Page 76 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast