Page 48 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 1784

Thread: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

  1. #471
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Beans
    64

    Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video How-to

    I too, must say thanks for this howto. I stumbled across it when searching for info on DVD ripping. Your article has been a Godsend to me. Cheers, James

  2. #472
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    England, UK
    Beans
    1,809
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video How-to

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwidipstick View Post
    I too, must say thanks for this howto. I stumbled across it when searching for info on DVD ripping. Your article has been a Godsend to me. Cheers, James

    Thanks, you're welcome. Like I've said before, I wrote it because of all the similar posts I saw users making and I just wanted to share my setup and tips.
    Last edited by ubuntu-freak; June 24th, 2008 at 10:56 PM.

  3. #473
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    31

    Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video How-to

    Quote Originally Posted by hbostrom View Post
    Hi,

    First, thanks for an excellent guide! Everything works great for me except the Quicktime problem reported by others. I run Ubuntu 8.04, Firefox 3, and I followed your guide to the letter and thus have the Gecko Media Player plugin for Quicktime installed. However, on the Apple movie trailer site I can't launch the lowres streams, and instead I get a message to "Get the latest Quicktime".

    As you mention above, the HD streams work by launching an external instance of the Gecko Media Player. Lower resolution versions seem to instead try to embed the movie in the web page, could this have anything to do with the problem? Do we need an update to the Gecko plugin, or what's going on?
    I'm having the same issue...anyone have a fix for this?

  4. #474
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Beans
    270
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video How-to

    Quote Originally Posted by DesiDishoom View Post
    I'm having the same issue...anyone have a fix for this?
    I am having this very same issue. I've followed Nathan's how-to to the letter.

    On another note but I'm sure related, I've got a niece and nephew coming over for a while and they love the Adventures in Odyssey series (http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/A...?bcd=2008-6-25). The issue is that I can't play it. There are two options (Windows Media and Real Media - sic). When clicking on the Windows Media there's a jump to a new page and just - nothing. When clicking the Real Media button, there's the same jump with the traditional Real Media play controls visible, a black bar above the controls, and just - nothing.

    Can anyone help me get this up and running before the tears start flowing?
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 2 Gb RAM, Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI, ASUS EN7950GT 512 Mb, 20" Samsung 205BW
    1TB SATA II HDD, 80GB IDE HDD,
    ASUS M50VM

  5. #475
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    1
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

    Re: Complete Multimedia & Video How-to

    Quote Originally Posted by Islington View Post
    Actually I would like to suggest purging swfdec-mozilla when installing flash. This being the third option offerred up by firefox. Installing this package gives a big play symbol over the flash vid, but its impossible to maximise, volume control etc.. I accidentaly installed it, and was raging at myself until I found it in synaptic and got rid of it.

    Thanks that did the trick for me

  6. #476
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Beans
    22

    Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video How-to

    I am having a problem uninstalling the v10 Firefox flash plugin. I run the purge command and get an error message that says:

    Code:
    dj@djbox:~$ sudo apt-get purge flashplugin-nonfree gnash gnash-common libflash-mozplugin libflashsupport mozilla-plugin-gnash nspluginwrapper swfdec-mozilla && sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    Package flashplugin-nonfree is not installed, so not removed
    Package gnash is not installed, so not removed
    Package gnash-common is not installed, so not removed
    Package libflash-mozplugin is not installed, so not removed
    Package libflashsupport is not installed, so not removed
    Package mozilla-plugin-gnash is not installed, so not removed
    E: Couldn't find package nspluginwrapper
    I check the aboutlugins page and it says that version 10 is still installed. I'd like to check version 9 again just to see which has better performance.

  7. #477
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    1

    Re: Playing divx and MP3 on edubuntu Hardy

    Hi there!!

    I am an admnistrator of a school which has recently started running the edubuntu Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 server based network.

    At the school there is no internet connectivity and I wish to play MP3 and DIVX file formats.I thought of using apt-on-cd package to create repository of packages but no any other person has ubuntu OS in my locality but most of them use Windows.

    If there is anyone who can help me to do it offline or where I can download complete packages that I can use to make a cd for use offline from the internet and get things to work on the server.

    Any help rendered will be appreciated

  8. #478
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    5

    Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video How-to

    Hello, I followed your instructions and got most needed pages to work, but I have problem with my local INTERNET TV
    when page is loading I get error
    HTML Code:
    Failed to open /tmp/<Asx version="3.0"> </Asx>
    http://www.intv-inter.net/tv/programm/?channel=6 - this is the page. Any ideas?

  9. #479
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    England, UK
    Beans
    1,809
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video How-to

    Quote Originally Posted by darrellfjohnson View Post
    I am having a problem uninstalling the v10 Firefox flash plugin. I run the purge command and get an error message that says:

    Code:
    dj@djbox:~$ sudo apt-get purge flashplugin-nonfree gnash gnash-common libflash-mozplugin libflashsupport mozilla-plugin-gnash nspluginwrapper swfdec-mozilla && sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    Package flashplugin-nonfree is not installed, so not removed
    Package gnash is not installed, so not removed
    Package gnash-common is not installed, so not removed
    Package libflash-mozplugin is not installed, so not removed
    Package libflashsupport is not installed, so not removed
    Package mozilla-plugin-gnash is not installed, so not removed
    E: Couldn't find package nspluginwrapper
    I check the aboutlugins page and it says that version 10 is still installed. I'd like to check version 9 again just to see which has better performance.

    As it says in the troubleshooting section, you can install the Ubuntu package over the manual installation:

    sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

  10. #480
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    England, UK
    Beans
    1,809
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: Playing divx and MP3 on edubuntu Hardy

    Quote Originally Posted by darius698 View Post
    Hi there!!

    I am an admnistrator of a school which has recently started running the edubuntu Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 server based network.

    At the school there is no internet connectivity and I wish to play MP3 and DIVX file formats.I thought of using apt-on-cd package to create repository of packages but no any other person has ubuntu OS in my locality but most of them use Windows.

    If there is anyone who can help me to do it offline or where I can download complete packages that I can use to make a cd for use offline from the internet and get things to work on the server.

    Any help rendered will be appreciated

    I've no experience with this, but I think you need to go here.

Page 48 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •