Page 126 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1784

Thread: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Beans

Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Hello, I recieved a bt 878 capture card and I was wondering what programs I will need to acquire in order to upload videos to youtube. I plan to record video of video games with composite A/V cables w/ a splitter.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I have been having problems trying to get my 8.10 system to record sound from streaming audio on the net (or from any other source) I was directed to this thread and have followed the whole thing through meticulously.

I would like to use Ardour to record and then edit sound, but here's the problem. When I start Ardour it comes up with this error box (attached)

I found out that this occurs when I am playing sound from either a net stream, or even from Amarok. BUT if I start Ardour BEFORE I start any other sound app, the program loads normally but I cannot get sound to play from anything, and if I try to record there is just silence

It would appear that something is blocking Jack, and when it is not blocked it blanks all sound playback. I have a NVidia CK804 sound card on the Alsa mixer setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Many thanks, Ububtu-Freak. Everything works great. Only issue I have is that the video does not play on my external monitor. I use an external monitor with my notebook. Video plays fine on my notebook display. I had an issue like this using Windows and it was a display setting. When I was using Heron 8.04, I did not have this problem and did not have to make any changes to the display settings. My video card is an ATI Radeon Express 1150. I installed the ATI Catalyst Control Center which completely screwed up my graphics. All I could see was a few colored blocks so I had to reinstall the OS. Has anyone else run into this issue or know the solution? Any helps would be appreciated.
    Last edited by humanform; May 20th, 2009 at 06:20 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Used this tutorial in my 9.04 but still my online videos flicker and freeze a lot in fullscreen. Any solutions?

Beans

Smile Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Hello,

Can't read a video stream in my NAS Synology.

I have all my videos in an external hard disk in my local network.
    I can OPEN the disk from my ubuntu 9.04 but it cant READ the video stream.

I have installed medibuntu repository
    I upgraded all the plugins and codecs for the gnome mplayer
    but can't afford an image.
    image stopped, no stream found althow a big activity is noticed in the network and CPU.

Thus I can READ it from my other ubuntu 8.04 PC

NjB
    Last edited by njb; May 22nd, 2009 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Solved

Beans

Thank you for this amazing guide....it has allowed me to switch back to Ubuntu from a clunky, ugly and unwieldy version of Freespire.

I can now play encrypted DVD's, as well as watch more than one YouTube video without Firefox crashing.

Initially, I did have problems with Flash. Every time I started a second consecutive YouTube video, Firefox would crash and close immediately. (The first video would play with no problems!) This was fixed by completely deleting Flash and the plugin file, as per your instructions, then installing the most recent Flash package downloaded directly from the Flash website.

Ubuntu's appeal over other Linux dists I've tried is the clean gnome desktop and the very high quality fonts and font rendering.

Thanks again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thanx ubuntu-freak.
    Installed a new DVD RW drive and it wouldn't play DVD's 'til I checked your section 4 on DVD playback. Now all's well!
    This isn't the first time this 'how to' has helped me out, so once again, thanx.

Beans

Wink Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Quote Originally Posted by njb View Post
    Hello,

Can't read a video stream in my NAS Synology.

I have all my videos in an external hard disk in my local network.
    I can OPEN the disk from my ubuntu 9.04 but it cant READ the video stream.

I have installed medibuntu repository
    I upgraded all the plugins and codecs for the gnome mplayer
    but can't afford an image.
    image stopped, no stream found althow a big activity is noticed in the network and CPU.

Thus I can READ it from my other ubuntu 8.04 PC

NjB
    Hello,

everything went well with gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad

NjB

Beans

I didn't get a reply earlier so : Hello, I recieved a bt 878 capture card and I was wondering what programs I will need to acquire in order to upload videos to youtube. I plan to record video of video games with composite A/V cables w/ a splitter.

Beans

I've had a related issue.
    I've tried to follow the guide and most audio works.

Streaming WMA however doesn't, really. (Totem is used.)

Everything connects and starts as usual. But after about a second (0.5-1.0s) sound seizes. (The time-counter still counts.)

This happens both if using the firefox plugin and if running totem standalone.

Has anyone experienced this?

Regards
    Leif

Update: I randomly tried reinstalling mplayer-mozilla-plugin, I got sound. But the control-display disapared. Now I just see a black space with the text "Waiting for video".
    If a attempt to download the playlist the plugin captures the download and I can a new tab (black) with content-type "video/x-ms-asf" in the titlebar. Is this a clue? (I am playing radio.)

/L
    Last edited by leiflundgren; May 24th, 2009 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Update

Page 126 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast