Thread: Network drives not appearing on Desktop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Network drives not appearing on Desktop

Since upgrading to Hardy Heron (8.04) this morning, my network drives (mounted via ncp) are not appearing on the desktop.

They are still mounting fine, but I'd like the icons back on my desktop

Another issue since upgrading is that when I visit various SFTP bookmarks through nautilus, they DO appear as icons on my desktop, which I really don't want.

In the screenshot, M-Drive and R-Drive previously had icons on the desktop, and the sftp on x didn't used to get one.

How can I revert to Gutsy Gibbon behaviour?

Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Network drives not appearing on Desktop

I'm having the same problem, except I'm using xubuntu. I really need a solution to this problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

+1 with regular Ubuntu...

/N

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I found the answer to the first question in this thread - mount them outside of /mnt to get the Desktop icons.

Would still like to know how to prevent getting Desktop icons everytime I connect to an SFTP server though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Yup, that did it. Thanks!

Beans

No, that did not work for me. My drives are ALREADY mounted in /media, and always have been. Which is why I brought up this issue, as the icons NO LONGER APPEAR on my desktop as they did in 7.10 and previous versions. This is what I want fixed, as now my drives no longer show up on the side panel of Thunar as they did previously. No, I don't want a shortcut hack, that doesn't show the drive icons.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Exclamation Re: Network drives not appearing on Desktop

Lavos - both of us are facing the same problem. Even my disks dont mount at all . Although the external sata drive i use always shows up on the desktop unlike the other internal existing windows partition and the most annoying part is that even in fstab if included they dont show up in media at all - let alone the desktop icons !

when i use ntfs-3g to install them - then give an errors ( unmount them from media before i use ntfs )

Nor do they mount in media nor in mnt

Now guys we have specific questions here. I would req the users to please be specific with their answers !