Thread: removal of infractions

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Cool removal of infractions

I am requesting the removal of the last two infractions.

from Sef in PM:

The infraction was what you wanted to do with Limewire, not Limewire itself. (Download 70s and 80s pop dance music for parties.) That music would be illegal to download. If you used Limewire to download music under a creative commons license, in the public domain, or another copyright that would allow the music to be shared that would be acceptable.

In the thread, the op does not say what he wants to use for; hence, no infractions are warranted.

Sef
    This was an infraction that should have never happened.
    If at first you don't succeed - just buy the company and tell them to make the one you want.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: removal of infractions

We have had an interesting discussion of this in the staff forum. I wonder just how many different staff members you sent private messages to before you got an opinion that came somewhat close to yours... In any case, that doesn't matter.

Sef is a fabulous member of the forum staff and a valued member of this community, however Sef is not a member of the Forum Council and Sef's opinion on this carries no weight in the Resolution Center.

We have already discussed this and will not revisit it. There is a proper procedure if you want to appeal. Put an item on the Forum Council agenda for the next meeting, show up and state your case.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!