Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Thumbnails for OpenOffice.org 2 files

Re: HOWTO: Thumbnails for OpenOffice.org 2 files

Also it dosnt work on jaunty!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Could someone with Jaunty do some testing for me? Basically, post the output of the following commands, once you've downloaded and installed the code.
    First, create an OpenOffice.org document test.odt in your home directory.
    Code:
    unzip ~/test.odt Thumbnails/thumbnail.png -d ~/
    totem-gstreamer-video-thumbnailer "~/Thumbnails/thumbnail.png" "~/thumbnail.png"
    gnome-video-thumbnailer "~/Thumbnails/thumbnail.png" "~/thumbnail2.png"
    ooo-thumbnailer ~/test.odt ~/thumbnail3.png
    Then check to see if thumbnail.png , thumbnail2.png and thumbnail3.png are the correct thumbnails of the document, with a white rather than a transparent background.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Flimm View Post
    Due to issues raised in bug 25827, I've rewritten the code in bash. You can get the code from this bazaar branch, or you can just install the attached .deb. I need it to be tested on Jaunty, as I've borked my Jaunty virtualbox installation, so do tell me if it works.
    Is there a particular reason the debian build system for the package still is setup for python? I would think it would only need to copy the bash script into the correct location and not actually need pycentral anymore?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by calc View Post
    Is there a particular reason the debian build system for the package still is setup for python? I would think it would only need to copy the bash script into the correct location and not actually need pycentral anymore?
    No good reason, besides the fact that I know that system the best. Other non-python packages such as ubuntu-wallpapers use pycentral as well, so I'm not doing anything unheard of.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hello. I have question. Does your thumbnailer not work with files with whitespace in their names?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Well spotted, fixed it in the latest version.

Beans

I just want all to know that my code that I posted in "HOWTO: Thumbnails for OpenOffice.org 2 files" thread is under public domain.

Can't obviously speak for others.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I noticed that the thumbnailer supports Open Office Spreadsheets (i.e. it will generate an preview image for an ODS file) but it doesn't get Nautilus to do this by default. Could you please add support for the vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet file type in the gconf schema? Oh yeah, the thumbnailer that I downloaded had /usr/bin/ooo-thumbnailer broken on line 33. Just change it to:
    Code:
    if [ "`dirname $ifile`" != "${XDG_TEMPLATES_DIR:-$HOME/Templates}" ]; then
    And you're set (notice the quotations, otherwise white space in the file names create problems). I tested this in Jaunty with no problems!

Further, would any agree that this would look better with the OpenOffice logo in the bottom right corner, similar to the way OpenOffice works under other operating systems?
    Last edited by jmdsdf; April 3rd, 2009 at 03:36 AM.

Beans

Hello people, based on the script posted above, I created a new package with a modified version of the script, and add more formats in schemas.

Supported formats: odt, ods, odp, doc, xls, ppt and rtf.

For the new formats (doc, xls, ppt and rtf) the script uses the unoconv for conversion.

I like thumbnails in nautilus. We already have thumbnails for images, video and preview of music.

Why not for documents? This is a good feature request for future version of ubuntu. What do you think?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by cristianfere View Post
    Hello people, based on the script posted above, I created a new package with a modified version of the script, and add more formats in schemas.

Supported formats: odt, ods, odp, doc, xls, ppt and rtf.

For the new formats (doc, xls, ppt and rtf) the script uses the unoconv for conversion.

I like thumbnails in nautilus. We already have thumbnails for images, video and preview of music.

Why not for documents? This is a good feature request for future version of ubuntu. What do you think?
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ker/+bug/25827

Trying really hard...

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast