Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Thumbnails for OpenOffice.org 2 files

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Thumbnails for OpenOffice.org 2 files

Quote Originally Posted by mmcmonster
    Thanks a lot, guys. Also, thanks go out to the folks at comp.lang.python, who helped me write the python code that follows.

Here is the code to create thumbnails for .cbz sequential image archives (usually associated with comical or comix in linux or cdisplay on MSWindows).
    I suspected it was to be used for comic book archives when I saw it on comp.lang.python.

Comix also includes a comic book thumbnailer (in later versions) called comicthumb, written by Christoph Wolk who is a regular on these forums I believe. It is in essence very much like the one you have written, but it supports RAR and tar archives as well and has some other nice features. You can check it out if you want.

Lazy link: http://comix.sourceforge.net/

Beans

You should make your own howto about your thumbnailer otherwise it will be lost

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ephman
    hello,

i've tried this HOWTO step by step word for word a couple times and no go. for some reason i still get the plain icon? any help would be so appreciated.

thanks,
    ephman
    Well first look in gconf-editor if thumbnailer is properly installed and enabled. If so try remove "~./thumbnails/fail" directory and restart nautilus. Right now i have no more ideas.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

HerrEkberg, thanks for the info. No need to reinvent the wheel, right.

I'll take a look at it and see about extracting it so that people that don't use comix can still use the thumbnailer.

Beans

Hi all I have just tried out this thumbnailing option for OO it is great and I wanted to thank to all who let me have this feature on my Drapper Drake. The only one thing that I would like to find out if there was any possibilitiy to make a transparent thumbnail. It would be so nice on my desktop

thanks again to all of you it is really nice

Quote Originally Posted by minio
    Well first look in gconf-editor if thumbnailer is properly installed and enabled. If so try remove "~./thumbnails/fail" directory and restart nautilus. Right now i have no more ideas.
    i noticed something. when i'm in a root nautilus shell i get the thumbnails, but not when i'm under my username. so something is working, but i'm not sure how to get it running not in root. any help would be awesome!

thanks,
    ephman

Beans

i noticed something. when i'm in a root nautilus shell i get the thumbnails, but not when i'm under my username. so something is working, but i'm not sure how to get it running not in root. any help would be awesome!

thanks,
    ephman
    Try running
    Code:
    gconftool-2 --install-schema-file /usr/share/gconf/schemas/ooo2.schemas
    as user

Quote Originally Posted by minio
    Try running
    Code:
    gconftool-2 --install-schema-file /usr/share/gconf/schemas/ooo2.schemas
    as user
    Hi,

i tried and i get this. thank you for helping.

ephman@wintermute:~$ gconftool-2 --install-schema-file /usr/share/gconf/schemas/ooo2.schemas
    I/O error : Permission denied
    I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/share/gconf/schemas/ooo2.schemas"
    Failed to open `/usr/share/gconf/schemas/ooo2.schemas': Permission denied
    ephman@wintermute:~$

i'm sure it's something simple i'm not doing.

thanks,
    ephman

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Hi,

i tried and i get this. thank you for helping.

ephman@wintermute:~$ gconftool-2 --install-schema-file /usr/share/gconf/schemas/ooo2.schemas
    I/O error : Permission denied
    I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/share/gconf/schemas/ooo2.schemas"
    Failed to open `/usr/share/gconf/schemas/ooo2.schemas': Permission denied
    ephman@wintermute:~$

i'm sure it's something simple i'm not doing.

thanks,
    ephman
    Before running gconftool-2 --install-schema-file run 'sudo chmod 644 /usr/share/gconf/schemas/ooo2.schemas'

Quote Originally Posted by joakim2
    Before running gconftool-2 --install-schema-file run 'sudo chmod 644 /usr/share/gconf/schemas/ooo2.schemas'
    thanks. got past the permissions issue. but still no go in user, works fine in root. i've read this howto cover to cover and tried it all.

thanks,
    ephman

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast