Thread: burning DVD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

burning DVD

I posted this in hardware but no one answered, maybe here is better place. Hope that's OK.

I pulled a DVD burner out of my XP box and put it in my Ubuntu box, it worked. Ubuntu sees it, HL-DT-STDVD-RAM GSA-H20N, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive. I can put in a CD and it mounts.

I want to burn some files, avi, onto DVD. When I try, using the CD/DVD Creator function I'm told to put in a blank DVD. Then it just keeps repeating the request.

I've seen some recommendations for additional software but also people saying they don't work.

Any solutions? Recommendations?

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: burning DVD

I don't know much about this, but have you tried another DVD? maybe the DVD itself is faulty.
    Also, I've had some trouble from time to time with writing DVDs. I've had the most success with K3B, its also really well featured and simple to use.
    Ubuntu User # 10657
    ATI X600 on Dell 515m 3ghz cpu

Beans

Try brasero of K3b to burn the dvd.

Beans

What burning tool are you using? Nautilus did not work for me, I get the same message as you, mine finaly worked with gnome baker but nothing else. k3b wouldnt work for me, but seems to for a lot of people. You may want to try several programs.

I also read somewhere that certain drive motherboard combos require ide emulation. maybe someone better suited can explain this if switching programs doesnt work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

i've used k3b before and it works very well
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
    Need help? It may be Just Plain Obvious
    Problem fixed? Mark Your Thread as Solved