Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I turn off F-Spot prompt in Nautilus

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

How do I turn off F-Spot prompt in Nautilus

So I've got the release candidate of UbuntuStudio Hardy up and running, but there's one thing that keeps bugging me. Every time I open a folder (sometimes even a folder on a partition) that has digital photos I get a bright blue notification that there appears to be digital photos on this device and that I should open F-Spot (even if F-Spot is already open). How do I make this notification go away? Am I the only one who finds this extremely annoying?
    What makes a great open source contributor is not primarily the brilliance of their ideas or importance of their bug, but rather their willingness to see it through to success.

Beans
    Distro

Re: How do I turn off F-Spot prompt in Nautilus

Bump. Am I the only one who has this problem?
    What makes a great open source contributor is not primarily the brilliance of their ideas or importance of their bug, but rather their willingness to see it through to success.

Beans
    Distro

Bumpity, bump, bump.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Open Nautilus, go to edit/preferences/media, then on the "Photos" line change the selection to "Do Nothing".

Beans
    Distro

Sorry mate, already tried that, but still the notification is there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

system » preferences » devices and media » cameras, un-tick the box import photos.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by gandaran View Post
    system » preferences » devices and media » cameras, un-tick the box import photos.
    I'm looking in system >> preferences and there is no 'devices and media' section. I even checked in the Main Menu Editor and no options were hidden. It's also not in the Control Center, or the Administration menu. I'm on 8.04.

Edit: I just found it, it's called Removeable Drives and Media, but my "import photos" box is not ticked.

Edit #2: A bit more clarification on the issue, I'm mainly receiving this prompt when browsing my Fat32 partition, even if the folder on that partition doesn't have any digital photos - this leads me to wonder if there's something wrong in my /etc/fstab that's making nautilus do this. I also see the prompt when I attach a digital camera or memory card with photos (that part I'm not too concerned with, though I never use F-spot, so turning the prompt off completely would be fine by me). Here's a picture of the offending message:
    Last edited by Stochastic; June 12th, 2008 at 12:33 AM.

Beans

I also hate this thing. It's wasting space and just plain pointless.

I know the media has photos on it, for crying out loud--that's why I'm browsing it.

Also, the wording is just annoying. "This media contains digital photos". Well, what kind of photos were they expecting? It's a computer.

Neither of the above would bug me (and I would not feel inclined to rant about them) if only there was the option to turn this useless feature off. Let people who want it use it. I hate it and it's in my way.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I can not find the place to turn this off in 8.10 any help would be nice. Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

bump

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast