Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: How do I turn off F-Spot prompt in Nautilus

bump

Beans

For 8.10
    If the prompt is from inserting a digital camera then go to file management -> media -> photos and set to 'do nothing'
    (home -> edit -> preferences -> media or edit menus -> preferences and enable 'file management'

If the prompt is caused by some other action, post what it is.

Edit: if it happens to be a usb drive than the 'do nothing' should also take affect.

Otherwise move your photos out of the root of the drive, ie. put in a folder or rename the folder they're in.
    Certain names of folders will trigger the event. For instance a folder named DCIM with anything inside will cause the 'autorun', may be others.

Actually somewhat interesting - another way to run a script off of connecting a usb drive
    Last edited by mc4man; December 8th, 2008 at 06:55 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I have tried all of that if there is a folder or a picture in the root of the drive it gives off that prompt. one example is a flash drive with only documents on it, but it has a folder named school so it gives me that prompt. The most annoying is on my internal drive, it has pictures but i don't want to delete those pictures. It has no autorun sort of thing. I have made all the different effects into do nothing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Bump.
    This is extremly annoying because this is on my NTFS drive that i use quite regularly, because i have to boot into both, and i need the information on both OSes.
    Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

In Nautilus, if you click edit/preferences, does that not open a "File Management Preferences" box with a tab marked "Media"?

(and a checkbox marked "Never prompt or start programs on media insertion")?

Have you checked that box?
    Last edited by r.stiltskin; December 20th, 2008 at 11:16 PM. Reason: additional info

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

i have clicked that, i clicked the "Never prompt or start programs on media insertion"
    Nothing seems to work, I hate the prompts that appear on the drives.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant a prompt that pops up on your screen when you plug in the drive.

If you want to get rid of the fspot bar (with button) that appears in Nautilus under the location bar (or menu bar), you can get rid of that by uninstalling fspot.

My guess is that there is something hard-coded into Nautilus that looks to see if fspot is installed and if it is, it invokes that prompt (but I could be wrong).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

after uninstalling F Spot it wants me open Brasero Disc Burning.
    I think the problem is that ubuntu sees the NTFS drive as a Picture CD, and not as a Hard Drive.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

i took a look at my fstab to see if i found something that would tell me why it thought that the NTFS drive was a picture CD, this is the line
    Code:
    /dev/sdb2	/media/Data	ntfs-3g	uid=1002 0 0
    Thanks for any help.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

There's nothing there that says "picture cd". What if you uninstall brasero? (I like k3b anyway.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast