Thread: hard drive not showing up under "computer" - gutsy

Beans

hard drive not showing up under "computer" - gutsy

so im new with the ubuntu scene but here goes...
    after installing ubuntu 7.10 off the live cd, i see that my hard drive is not showing up in the file browser and have no idea how to fix this...
    help (:
    thank you

Beans

Re: hard drive not showing up under "computer" - gutsy

Quote Originally Posted by childofnature12 View Post
    so im new with the ubuntu scene but here goes...
    after installing ubuntu 7.10 off the live cd, i see that my hard drive is not showing up in the file browser and have no idea how to fix this...
    help (:
    thank you
    Well that depends if you selected "Entire Drive"(without any partition) during the partition process. It will only show you "Filesystem", and that's your hard drive. Are you using a single drive?
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.

Beans

yeah im using 1 drive. and i did select 'entire drive'...should i leave it like that or partition it?

Beans

Well, the decision is up to you. But i would suggest you create partition for data backup, just in case . Use the gparted that comes with the LiveCD. (It still depends if you have a large drive)
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.