Thread: internt connection problem pls help me

Beans

Angry internt connection problem pls help me

my lap top has Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG 802.11 b/g WLAN card.i can see the name of my network in network manager n some bars showing the strenth of my connection.i think i am connected to router but still i cant browse.in fire fox can see messages like "connecting to website" ,"tranferring data from website".actually i installed ubuntu with great expectations,but im havin really bad experience with ubuntu.
    ubuntu comes with a rythembox music player,i just wonder wat im supposed to do with a player that dont play mp3 files.when i try playin them it asks me to download som codecs.how can i download them without getin connectd.i have so many other doubts but first i need to get my internetconetion working

sombody pls help me i heard that ubuntu is userfriendly but nw i know things r differnt from what i heard.i dont want to go back to the world of ms windows n a bundle of pyrated softwares,cracks ,serials,spyware.pls help me
    compaq presario v2000,1.6ghz,768mb ram
    (sorry for my bad english)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: internt connection problem pls help me

You can take a look at the how to here and here. You can also search the networking forum using your card model from those links.
    Good site to search for guides & how-tos.

Beans

Re: internt connection problem pls help me

try plugging in a ethernet cable and do all updates
    hardy is still a release candidate and might have some bugs, so id recomend to fully update

after reading some forums, other people sugested installing another network manager such as wifi radar or wicd, if after updating dont work,, you can try em
    Last edited by sam_delta; April 23rd, 2008 at 06:00 PM.