Thread: vsftpd advanced configuration

Beans

Question vsftpd advanced configuration

Hi,

i have gutsy server running for some time (www+ftp). I have recently installed vsftpd for ftp server. The vsftpd in running fine and it's fully operational. I have created directory structure in /home/ftp and defined user rights using ACL. All users (=5) are chrooted in that directory except mine for administrative purposes.

My questions are:
    1. can i create another directory (e.g. /home/ftp1) and chroot another 2 users (different from above) in?
    2. can i create directory for "guests" accessing only one directory (sort of public)

Thanks, Matic
    Last edited by matic123; April 23rd, 2008 at 03:43 PM.

Beans

Re: vsftpd advanced configuration

Quote Originally Posted by matic123 View Post
    Hi,

i have gutsy server running for some time (www+ftp). I have recently installed vsftpd for ftp server. The vsftpd in running fine and it's fully operational. I have created directory structure in /home/ftp and defined user rights using ACL. All users (=5) are chrooted in that directory except mine for administrative purposes.

My questions are:
    1. can i create another directory (e.g. /home/ftp1) and chroot another 2 users (different from above) in?
    2. can i create directory for "guests" accessing only one directory (sort of public)

Thanks, Matic
    If I remember right, you can chroot them to their home directories, which means if you create a new account, and you don't want them to exist in the normal /home tree, you change their home directory in their user profile.