so first of all I want to say hello. I am new to this forum. Normally I post in german forums so excuse my english.
I am developing a program called TV-Viewer. It is a small GUI to control TV Cards like the Hauppauge PVR 150 and others.
The reason for me to start with this program was because standard applications like tvtime or kdetv do not support these devices. MythTV or Freevo are good programs but overkill for just wathing tv on your machine.
TV-Viewer is written in Tcl/Tk. It is an easy to use programming language which allows you to develop sophisticated programs and graphical user interfaces.
One big advantage is that software based on Tcl/Tk nearly runs on every platform without big adaptions to the code. However TV-Viewer will only be developed for Linux.
So whats this all about?
In generally you should know, that this is not a complete viewer for wathing tv on Linux. With the gui I am developing you can get rid of using a terminal with pvr devices and it provides some more advantages.
Still you'll have to use one of the provided video players like MPlayer, Kaffeine, Vlc or Xine.
- Easy to use gui to control your device.
- Automatic installation (There are no packages for major distributions yet).
- Configuration wizard for all relevant settings.
- Simple configuration file for your channels. This can be applied by using an automatic channel search with the build in "channel editor". There you can activate or deactivate channels, rename them or change their order.
- Volume control.
- "On screen display", that shows the actual channel and the volume on your screen.
- Videocard control (Hue, Saturation, Brightness and Contrast)
- Support for your remote control using Lirc.
- Build in user guide.
- And many more
The most recent version of TV-Viewer is 0.7.5-1 which you can download here
In order to use the program your system has to fullfill the minimum requirements.
Please follow the installation instructions carefully!
You want to see how TV-Viewer looks like? No problem just refer to the screenhots section.
Since this is my first release with different languages I wont post the changes from the last version here. They can be found in the news.
I will keep you updated about new versions in this thread. News about future releases and the development stage can also be found on the homepage.
So I hope you'll like the program. If there are any questions please feel free to contact me or to post them here.
If there is a better location for this thread please place it there! Thanks