Thread: Forum compatible GTK Editor?

Beans
    Hidden!

Forum compatible GTK Editor?

Hi,

Might be a long shot, but I'm looking for an editor to create forum compatible text with font sizes/colour/links etc

Any ideas if there is such a thing? I am assuming that the formatting of text in the forum posts here is of a certain standard...the usual open [ and close ] delimiters...B/U/I/IMG...

It would be nice to have a proper gtk app which allows me to create text, ready for posting howto's, rather than having to painfully write up large guides through this web interface.

Please don't suggest emacs or vi

Thanks

Beans

Re: Forum compatible GTK Editor?

Sadly I don't know of any linux software. There is windows software tho but i couldn't say anything about how safe it is or if it would work with wine.

But you can install the It's All Text! Firefox add on and then be able to write long post in you favorite text editor. If that is gedit you could add snippets to add the code used by these forums. (if your fav editor is emacs or vim you can probably handle it on your own )

by the way these forums use bbcode. I have actually thought of trying to write such a program as I know many people would find it useful but I honestly don't have time.
    If you think you're free, there's no escape possible. Ram Dass

Beans

Looking thru sourceforge I found a pretty simple one, bbeditor. It doesn't look like much tho needs some work. lol

There are 3371 results tho there for bbcode editor. Most of the hits tho are libraries and other things you are not interested in. You might want to look thru it all tho and see what you find. Too much for me.
    If you think you're free, there's no escape possible. Ram Dass

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by y-lee View Post
    Looking thru sourceforge I found a pretty simple one, bbeditor. It doesn't look like much tho needs some work. lol

There are 3371 results tho there for bbcode editor. Most of the hits tho are libraries and other things you are not interested in. You might want to look thru it all tho and see what you find. Too much for me.
    Thanks a lot, I'll start sifting through bbcode editors. I'll post back what I find...if any good