Thread: Wireless issues on a C2D macbook

Beans

Wireless issues on a C2D macbook

Yes I read and tried the suggestions in the Macbook wiki, but I keeps saying server not found. Anyone have any idea, I NEED my wireless working. Thanks.

Beans

Re: Wireless issues on a C2D macbook

I've also noticed that the madwifi tarball has gone missing. I used the svn option to get the code and compile, but it doesn't work anyway. I can see my networks, but I never even get the first green light when trying to connect. It was working until updating on April 21st.

I guess that means the only option to get wireless working right now is to use ndiswrapper.

Beans

Re: Wireless issues on a C2D macbook

Well having probs here too with madwifi. Been ok intermittently for last 2 months of hardy with some network manager oddities but was working fine with wicd. Now I can see all but connect to none, but then all my available networks are wpa (so may be wpasupplicant - been a bit too busy to delve as deep as I'd like)

If someone can point me at a working madwifi snapshot tarball I will be eternally grateful. If not that then I know not what.....

Ciao

Well Bizarrely its all working perfectly this morning - no changes - maybe the heron mysteriously started flying at midnight!!
    Last edited by brambles; April 24th, 2008 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Update