Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Dell's customized ubuntu

Beans

Re: Question about Dell's customized ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by notwen View Post
    They seem to be doing a good job w/ these custom images and are getting them out in a reasonable amount of time, they not only include the additional drivers/packages but also implement whatever bug fixes have been discovered in the actual Ubuntu release as well.
    If you install standard Ubuntu on a Dell machine, can you get these drivers off the Dell Ubuntu CD, or elsewhere online, without having to reinstall with the Dell version?

Beans

Re: Question about Dell's customized ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by clavdivs View Post
    If you install standard Ubuntu on a Dell machine, can you get these drivers off the Dell Ubuntu CD, or elsewhere online, without having to reinstall with the Dell version?
    I suppose if you know enough to single out those specific packages/drivers from the custom Dell-Ubuntu image, but I'm not familiar w/ doing this. Why would you just pull the drivers off it when you could just install it and have everything working by default. I personally would like Dell to offer a install w/ less pre-installed applications, but until they do I'm stuck removing un-wanted applications post-install.
    Quote Originally Posted by *snip*
    I love it when people stop trying to help me and I just uninstall ubuntu because of it . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12