Thread: Theming Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Theming Ubuntu

Hi,

I have been trying to Theme Ubuntu to get rid of the brown and replace with a nice Blue, only problem is whatever I try I always seem to get a brown screen before my Wallpaper loads, I have tried setting the colour option in both gdmSetup and Appearance Settings (Under Background), but this has made no effect.

Also I seem to have a problem with the logon not always completing, for example if I make a configuration change and logout to see the change I have to reboot the machine, if not the logon gets about halfway through (I have the menu bar and brown screen) and then it just sops and all I can do is Ctrl + Alt + Backspace and then select reboot

Beans

Re: Theming Ubuntu

If you're running Gutsy, then that is a well known bug and it's on Launchpad somewhere. Sorry, I can't remember the number for it though

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hopefully Hardy sorts out some of the Gutsy problems, as I have found Gutsy to be very buggy compared to Feisty and Edgy.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

One workaround is editing this file:
    /etc/gdm/PreSession/Default

Near the end of the file, you'll see this:
    Code:
    # Default value
    if [ "x$BACKCOLOR" = "x" ]; then
    BACKCOLOR="#dab082"
    (... Ctrl+F "dab082" to find it quickly). The "dab082" is the brown colour. Change this to another colour not to see the brown anymore. I set mine as "000000" to get a black screen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thanks that changed the colour