Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Piclens For Linux (let's Order Them To Do It)

Beans

Arrow Piclens For Linux (Request For Piclens Plugin)

hi guys i came across the piclens plugin for firefox and i found it really cool and amazing ( you can check it here http://www.piclens.com/site/firefox/win/ )
    but the sad thing is that they have not yet made a linux version an thats totally disgusting. I have send a mail to their feedback requesting a linux version. I know people here (linuxbees) can make more amazing things than piclens, but its also a matter of acceptance, so i am asking you a hand in letting them know, there are people here still alive and we are not happy with their ignorance. Here is their mail ID
    feedback@piclens.com

Lets Bombard Them..............................
    Last edited by bijeeshvs; April 23rd, 2008 at 02:13 PM.

Beans

Re: Piclens For Linux (Request For Piclens Plugin)

I already sent them an e-mail some months ago...
    http://www.piclens.com/site/support/feedback.php
    It seems that it works, they began thinking about Linux support which is not bad...

Beans

Re: Piclens For Linux (let's Order Them To Do It)

They said that they haven't made it for linux yet because of "resource constraints," or at least that is what their FAQ page says. If someone could make something that would do the same thing as piclens (or better) that is only for linux, that would be pretty cool.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I've been trying to edit the windows version, to work in linux, but to no prevail. I really don't much about firefox add-ons, and i really can't program either.

but, here are some files that i think may be helpful to porting a version to linux. I have tried to convert the DLL files into something linux can use, not sure if it helps or not.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Keen101 View Post
    I've been trying to edit the windows version, to work in linux, but to no prevail. I really don't much about firefox add-ons, and i really can't program either.

but, here are some files that i think may be helpful to porting a version to linux. I have tried to convert the DLL files into something linux can use, not sure if it helps or not.
    yes the files are here, but how to use it????????????????????
    Last edited by bijeeshvs; July 23rd, 2008 at 07:20 PM.

Beans

shouldn't the file be in xpi format ? a little how-to would be appreciated

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

K I just emailed Cooliris or whatever the company's name is.
    I asked them if its Open Source.

If it is I will work my *** off to try to get it to work with Linux.

I just need to get a reply and then I have to install Linux Ubuntu once again. Get the support and so on. So pretty much about a day.

But I can't do this on my own. I'm going to get some help here in Bahrain. (we have a Linux users group).
    I"ll attend the meeting and bring this up as a discussion and see how can help.

and it also be great if we can get some help from you guys. If we can then that would be great. Many of you seem like you know what your doing and others seem to have some really good suggestions.

SO Just think of this as a global Open Source project that we're all going to make.

Hopefully we will be successful.

-Rabayah, Rakan
    Best of luck to all of us.

Beans

Any progress on this?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Piclens For Linux (Request For Piclens Plugin)

This would be awesome I love piclense and would love to see it on linux. So I would like to echo Prominence and ask has there been any progress on this?

Angel

OS: Kubuntu 12.04 LTS|| CPU: AMD Athlon 64x2 || RAM: 3GB DDR2(PC-6400) || Display: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT 1024mb

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

While it may not be fully open source (such as the source to the windows .DLL files) most of the code seems to be in plain text, and if you are a programmer, especially one who develops plugins to firefox, i would assume it would be faily easy to unzip the .xpi files, and decipher them.

That's what I tried to do, I tried to convert the .dll files in the windows version to a linux binary file, but it did not really work and if it did i really don't know how to use them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast