Thread: Installing Fluxbuntu on Asus Eee 701

Beans

Installing Fluxbuntu on Asus Eee 701

Hello
    I should get the Asus Eee any time now. So I already chose a distro for it. I was thinking about Fluxbuntu, because it is supposedly fast and it seems the most interesting.
    But as I am real new to this Linux thing, I think I'm gonna need some help. So far I'm familiar with usual Ubuntu only. But I'm a quick learner. Unfortunately I haven't found many threads on this topic.
    So if anyone has any spare time... Could you write a short step-by-step tutorial on how to install it? Or at least point out some sites talking about this topic. And few more questions: to make wireless work, will I need to install ndiswrapper as with the usual Ubuntu? And as I understand there's going to be some problems with the screen resolution. How to fix that too?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Installing Fluxbuntu on Asus Eee 701

You might want to try out the default Xandros system that comes preinstalled with the eeePC, it can be booted into a full KDE system

Alternatively you could look into eeeXubuntu, if you're familiar with the standard Ubuntu it shouldn't be too different

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Mandriva has native support for the eeepc. no configuration needed. with ubuntu, you will have to some tweaking. just a thought. see this http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2008.1_T...s_Eee-friendly

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I would not use Fluxbuntu, because there are no guides to make it work with it, nor better: an eeefluxbuntu.

If I were you, I would:

1: Stick with Xandros and maybe install the complete KDE GUI.
    2: Use eeeXubuntu, or any other "eeedistros".

Myself am gonna put ArchLinux on it (KISS distro) when I'll buy mine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If I were to get one I think I'd be picky and wait for the new Intel Atom CPU's Apparently they're due this summer