Thread: Emerald Themes Missing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Emerald Themes Missing

I had to do a complete install. Everything appears to be working except there are no themes in my Emerald Themes! The program starts up but has no themes listed to use.

Help?

Kevin
    I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.

Kahlil Gibran (1883 - 1931)

Beans

Re: Emerald Themes Missing

I havent used emerald in a while but last time I think I had to add a line to my software keys. If you go to the Add themes tab you should find a line of code to run in the terminal. After that you should just have to press one of the repo buttons to get the themes loaded. This might no longer work though (I'm not willing to install emerald on my system to find out, I dont trust it)

/Michael

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by theCroc View Post
    I havent used emerald in a while but last time I think I had to add a line to my software keys. If you go to the Add themes tab you should find a line of code to run in the terminal. After that you should just have to press one of the repo buttons to get the themes loaded. This might no longer work though (I'm not willing to install emerald on my system to find out, I dont trust it)

/Michael
    Thanks for the reply!

There is no Add Themes tab (though, I seem to recall one in the past) I only see an option to Import themes... The list of themes remains blank.

Kevin
    I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.

Kahlil Gibran (1883 - 1931)

Beans

Yes, the ability to grab GPL'd and non-GPL'd themes via the theme manager seems to have been removed.

Anyway, the emerald-themes package hasn't been included in the repositories since Feisty. However, you can download it and install it manually.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/emerald-themes