Thread: unable to allocate a new parttion in my hard disk

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

unable to allocate a new parttion in my hard disk

I have already 4 primary parttion in my hard disk and now i have a 20 GB unallocated..........

I cant allocate it or i cant extend any partion its saying that u cant do the specified operation...any one help me please

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: unable to allocate a new parttion in my hard disk

Quote Originally Posted by rraj.be View Post
    I have already 4 primary parttion in my hard disk and now i have a 20 GB unallocated..........

I cant allocate it or i cant extend any partion its saying that u cant do the specified operation...any one help me please
    HI and please correct me if I am wrong but you can only have 4 partitions to a drive unless you have a extended partition. So you will have to delete a partition then create a extended partition then you will be able to creat more partitions within the extended.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

ki could get u......but is there any other go like making use of any third party partitioning software utilities

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by rraj.be View Post
    ki could get u......but is there any other go like making use of any third party partitioning software utilities
    no, a harddisk can have 4 primary partitions... if you want to have more than 4 partitions, use extended ones... so delete one primary and make it an extended one.