Thread: how to save default config in network-admin?

Beans

how to save default config in network-admin?

Just installed 8.04RC on gateway p-6831fx. Used network-admin to setup my wireless connection. Initially set it up as WPA, didn't work, realized I am using WPA2, entered password and interface came up fine.

Now every time I restart, it has changed back to WPA, so it won't bring up the interface. It keeps the SSID and password, it's just changed the password type that changes back. If I change it to WPA2 it brings it up. I have tried saving this as a "Location" and that works fine - I just don't want to have to go in and switch locations every time I start. Is there a way to fix the default to use WPA2, or tell it to use my "Home" location as the default?
    thanks...

Beans

Smile Re: how to save default config in network-admin?

i dont deal with wireless much, but look into the /etc/network/interfaces file? worth a shot, u can run scripts from it, so u might be able to "make the cpu remember"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: how to save default config in network-admin?

Not trying to be negative, but after 7 months, justin_acklin either found the answer or looked elsewhere. Since he hasn't posted since April 27, I doubt he'll notice your reply. Keep offering the help, though.
    Last edited by Iowan; November 22nd, 2008 at 04:48 AM.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net