Thread: Release Candidate

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Release Candidate

i am unsure whether this is the right place to ask this question, but i cannot think of anywhere else better suited so here goes

i downloaded the release candidate, and had hoped to install it on my machine...so the CD boots up, and gets to the "menu" screen, where i choose to run the Live CD...but nothing happens, its the same scenario with every other option available, I cannot get past the screen.

Beans

Re: Release Candidate

You could have a bad download or a faulty burn.

Beans

I think it must be either a bad download or a bad burn.

I had one a couple of days ago that would freeze at 46% during the install.

It's a coaster now!

For some reason I had trouble with the Torrents. I finally just waited for nearly an hour and got a good copy, then burned 3 copies, and I love this LTS version!

Best Ubuntu yet!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Run the test CD option when you boot it. If it fails, reburn at the slowest speed your CD burner allows. If it doesn't fail, it could be that you need to adjust the boot options a bit.

Test the CD, reburn if necessary, and if it's still a problem, search for your make/model of computer/motherboard and see if anyone else has similar issues. It's quite likely that you'll find the fix somewhere. If not, post the computer info here and we'll see what we can do for you.

--Me

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

You may also want to verify the checksum of the image file. The correct checksums are available here: http://releases.ubuntu.com/releases/8.04/MD5SUMS

The guide to checksum verification is here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM