Thread: Noob needs help with wireless Broadcom 4328

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Noob needs help with wireless Broadcom 4328

hello all im new to the linux systems iv used windows my whole life... im trying to learn all the shell codes and how it works, so im sry if i might not understand or as repetive style questions....

i have a dell xps m1330 with a broadcom 4328 wireless n
    i have just installed ubuntu 7.10 amd64 but shows up 7.10 (gutsy)

ive read and followed many instructions through various forums on here and other sites i have installed the drivers or tweaked it a bit for the system to kinda pick it up... i have a wireless option now but i cant pick up any signals... can someone possibly help me with trying to pick up a signal or setting up the wireless? my ethernet worked fine without any issues from install.

thank you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Noob needs help with wireless Broadcom 4328

NOTICE TO EVERYONE i have fixed and resolved this issue thank you for your help and time

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

lol ok so i got the signal to work and im able to connect to my wireless network but i cant seem to get it to function it appears that i didnt get an ip address assigned all the ip and dns settings are 000.00.00 etc. is there a way to have it automatically get the settings?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

im just bumping this... please if anyone can help... i have the drivers installed and i am able to pick up wifi signals, but when i connect or attempt to connect it fails or i dont get an ip address....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Cool Re: Noob needs help with wireless Broadcom 4328

Quote Originally Posted by amir1979 View Post
    im just bumping this... please if anyone can help... i have the drivers installed and i am able to pick up wifi signals, but when i connect or attempt to connect it fails or i dont get an ip address....
    I didnt mean to hyjack the thread, but i was going to post in a new thread and found this 1. I too have the same problem. I can scan for networks and connect via nm-applet clicking on AP. The only problem is that i m not getting assigned an ip address. And as the amir told, i too have other fields such as IP, dns etc fields 0.

Long story short : Me and my friend purchased Inspiron 1525 which came with BCM4328 (Rev v.3). He has some other card and we both installed the ndiswrapper from fiesty tutorial (i dont have a link right now). It worked (i was able to access the internet for around 30 mins) but it suddenly stopped working. After that i was never able to connect it.

Cheers
    EnLi

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Try

Code:
    sudo dhclient wlan0