Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: Apple Hardware Support Forum Merged

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Beans
    2,081
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 13.04 Raring Ringtail

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Beans
    7,526
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Apple Hardware Support Forum Merged

    bumping because this is still an issue.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Beans
    2,081
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Apple Hardware Support Forum Merged

    please can we have an official response on the issue.

    thanks
    sam

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Beans
    14,781

    Re: Apple Hardware Support Forum Merged

    Quote Originally Posted by ssam View Post
    please can we have an official response on the issue.

    thanks
    sam
    I will notify the admins. As I recall, only the PPC/Intel prefixes were supposed to be in that forum.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Beans
    7,526
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Apple Hardware Support Forum Merged

    bump

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Beans
    14,781

    Re: Apple Hardware Support Forum Merged

    I brought it up, and it seems that the prefixes are maintained for that whole chunk of forum ("Main Support Categories")

    For Intel/PPC use tags, and put it in the title.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Beans
    7,526
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Apple Hardware Support Forum Merged

    Quote Originally Posted by LaRoza View Post
    For Intel/PPC use tags, and put it in the title.
    That's not as easy to do as it is to say. We have already tried to implement that at least for the time being, but when a new user comes in, they do not know to do that.

    Do the two forums really have to be merged? I don't understand why two completely different types of hardware (other than the fact that Apple made them) are being grouped together. It makes it difficult to support because we have to go through the process of figuring out if they are on PPC or Intel before deciding if we can even help them or not. Is there a way we can do an even further subforum or something?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    10

    Re: Apple Hardware Support Forum Merged

    Please split! I want no stinkin' Intel stuff!

    Just kidding.

    I think it's better to split. I'm new here and so I can tell you that a newbie won't know that he needs to set some prefix. I didn't know, when I posted my questions.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Beans
    14,781

    Re: Apple Hardware Support Forum Merged

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdork33 View Post
    That's not as easy to do as it is to say. We have already tried to implement that at least for the time being, but when a new user comes in, they do not know to do that.

    Do the two forums really have to be merged? I don't understand why two completely different types of hardware (other than the fact that Apple made them) are being grouped together. It makes it difficult to support because we have to go through the process of figuring out if they are on PPC or Intel before deciding if we can even help them or not. Is there a way we can do an even further subforum or something?
    I know.

    I cannot control that though, I am just a mod.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Beans
    7,526
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Apple Hardware Support Forum Merged

    Quote Originally Posted by LaRoza View Post
    I cannot control that though, I am just a mod.
    I understand... I am not trying to blame you or anything, just voicing my opinion here. You have more pull than me anyway. I am sure!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •