Thread: Community effort sharing

Beans

Community effort sharing

“A system to share your efforts with others”

It would be nice to have a place where people can let each other know about their efforts and progress concerning Ubuntu (read on I'm not suggesting a newsgroup).

In this place you can let others know about an project your working on, an article you wrote, a deal with a company, a new driver, information you found and is worth knowing about, etc.

Adding the possibility to give kudos and discuss efforts, would greatly benefit to the motivation of our community to contribute to Ubuntu. Also it can be motivating for others to read about their efforts.
    Last edited by DutchLoki; April 20th, 2008 at 11:11 AM.

Beans

Idea: Community effort sharing

I've placed this idea in the brainstorm section. Please vote and comment on it using the link below. Any suggestions are welcome.

http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/7216/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Community effort sharing

Sounds sort of like planet but with a broader spectrum? Maybe you could start an RSS aggregation site for people to hook their blogs up to for this purpose?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

I don't know isn't this what the forums are for???

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by frup View Post
    Sounds sort of like planet but with a broader spectrum? Maybe you could start an RSS aggregation site for people to hook their blogs up to for this purpose?
    I didn't know about ubuntu planet, had a look there and look very good. Some of my idea is implemented there, but not all. I still think it's an good idea.

the rss part is a nice one. I'll keep that in mind.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Er...well Launchpad tracks all your bug reporting, triaging, fixing, etc. But Planet is a blog aggregator so if you have a blog where you track that stuff, it automatically shows up on Planet if you're an Ubuntu Member and have registered your blog with it.

LinuxChix | Linux User #432169 | Ubuntu User #8495 | IRC: maco @ irc.linuxchix.org or irc.freenode.net

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by macogw View Post
    Er...well Launchpad tracks all your bug reporting, triaging, fixing, etc. But Planet is a blog aggregator so if you have a blog where you track that stuff, it automatically shows up on Planet if you're an Ubuntu Member and have registered your blog with it.
    OK thanks, will take a look at that feature...