Thread: Irc

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Irc

What's going on fellow SC Ubuntu'ers!

I hardly ever see any activity in the IRC channel anymore - what's up?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Irc

It has been dead across the board, forums, everything. xq has been busy with work, and overall, I think we are experiencing spring fever. I've always experienced this at this time of the year, alot of absences at work, people not wanting to work, people generally doing slightly strange things, its the Weather!

Beans

Yeah and esp. the wiki.
    You Rock and You Rule!
    Fedora 15
    Ubuntu SC Team Leader

Beans

Spring is definitely in the air....

And yes, work has had me tied up. Majorly. It's getting a lot better now (Thank goodness). So I have freedom in sight.

I would really, really appreciate feedback via the forums when people get a chance though if people can't make it on IRC.

OR AT LEAST make it to the next meeting on Tuesday (PLEASE). We are trying to make official team status in the next 10 - 30 days -- so we NEED feedback regarding the topics listed in this forum.

Sincerely,

Craig

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Irc

I would make this message a message concerning methods of contacts for the team in general. IRC is not the only method of contact for the team, myself of anyone on it.

The forums are the best place to let your IDEAS (especially) be voiced, noted and thought upon (verbally, by others)...as it is logged, more official and can be implemented easier.

The mailing list is also an option and is easier on us who can not be present on IRC.

I am also available via e-mail and usually have a response time of of less than 8 hours (usually 2 hours or less during the "day").

So, please keep in mind, while IRC activity is low -- keep up the activity in the other methods provided. Keep the other projects going (because there is no excuse not to) and everything else on track.

Just because our IRC channel is idle (or people have their own availability times, I.E. mine happens to be very late at night lately past 9 P.M. EST), doesn't mean WE AS A TEAM have to be IDLE in what we are doing and what we are striving to accomplish.

Sincerely,

Craig Huffstetler