Thread: I have a few programs installed on Ubuntu through Wine, and need to remove them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Angry I have a few programs installed on Ubuntu through Wine, and need to remove them.

Wine seems to be as unreliable as actually using Windows. I tried Applications>Wine>Remove Wine Software and went through the uninstaller dialogs, but a few things remain. I need to get rid of iTunes and a few other things so that I can install an older version of the same stuff that I know works.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: I have a few programs installed on Ubuntu through Wine, and need to remove them.

Perhaps the issue should be rephrased as: iTunes removal is unreliable (I think iTunes is the real culprit here).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: I have a few programs installed on Ubuntu through Wine, and need to remove them.

As a last resort you can always delete the hidden .wine folder in your home dir (this means you'll have to re-install everything you had working under wine). To be able to see hidden files, go to Places --> Home Folder and press ctrl-h.

- After getting rid of .wine, you can create a new one by running the command

wineprefixcreate

- or run winecfg to be able to configure wine:

winecfg

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

i had the same prob. everything i installed in wine would not uninstall. wish i could help but i ended up just uninstalling wine and loading up virtual box.