Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: The Composite Manager Guide: How to Get Vista-ish Effects in (K)(X)Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: The Composite Manager Guide: How to Get Vista-ish Effects in (K)(X)Ubuntu.

Unfortunately, one of the many, many shortcomings of Metacity is that, well, basically, you can't. You either have to use the reduced-resources mode thing that you mentioned, or get rid of metacity altogether. You may want to look at this guide to using enlightenment instead of metacity. I have not tested it lately, so I don't know how well it works... Here is the guide:
    http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthre...ightened+gnome

Or you can look at using kwin instead of metacity:
    http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthre...604#post648604

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Azriphale
    Is Luminocity in the Breezy repos? Or, better yet, can i get the latest source somewhere?
    I while ago I made a guide. I wonder if it still works:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=45202
    Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Azriphale
    Did that not work for you?
    Ok, fine, I promise I'll post the deps later. Sorry I didn't do it earlier.
    If you go that far, please take it all into a new guide.

Add to the series.
    Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for the Luminocity guide, I'll give it a try later.

And in a few hours, you can expect to see a guide on getting Xgl set up in Breezy. I still don't have hw acceleration working, i dont think, and I need to iron out a couple of problems I was having yesterday first. And I only get home in about 4 hours.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I have a question: Is it possible to have transparent menus (e.g. the "Applications" menu) in GNOME?
    In KDE I can.

It's the only thing I miss from KDE.

Thanks in advance

P.S. This is a wonderful guide

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tseliot
    I have a question: Is it possible to have transparent menus (e.g. the "Applications" menu) in GNOME?
    In KDE I can.

It's the only thing I miss from KDE.

Thanks in advance

P.S. This is a wonderful guide
    Thanks. That means a lot- I consider you to be the best guide maker on the forum.

Yet I know no way to make the Gnome Menu's transparent. Until Gnome does this stuff without hacks....it might not be able to.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by poofyhairguy
    Thanks. That means a lot- I consider you to be the best guide maker on the forum.

Yet I know no way to make the Gnome Menu's transparent. Until Gnome does this stuff without hacks....it might not be able to.
    No, problem. If I find a way to do it I'll post it here.
    Thanks again

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Have a look at the image at the end of the webpage http://freedesktop.org/~keithp/screenshots/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I compiled xgl succesfully with that guide but there is no Xglx in the folder mentioned. O_o

edit: Nevermind.
    Last edited by Rob2687; January 13th, 2006 at 10:04 PM.

Beans
    Distro

is Xgl working for you?
    To have Xglx, you need to ./configure (or ./autogen.sh) with the --enable-xglxserver, not just --enable-xgl-server.
    You can use either, or both options.
    Last edited by Azriphale; January 13th, 2006 at 10:21 PM.

Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast