Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: How to use Openbox in GNOME and by itself.

Re: How to use Openbox in GNOME and by itself.

I am unable to open themes website. Is there any alternative website? I am using OpenDNS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by theZoid View Post
    Does anyone have an update for this with Jaunty gnome as this doesn't work anymore. thanks as I can't find the right file for this.
    Don't know if you still need this, but I achieved this by editing ~/.dmrc as follows:

Code:
    [Desktop]
    Session=openbox

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Cortux View Post
    When I do the --replace, i get this:

(openbox:5174): Openbox-WARNING **: Openbox is configured for 4 desktops, but the current session has 1. Overriding the Openbox configuration.
    Openbox-Message: Unable to find a valid menu file "/var/lib/openbox/debian-menu.xml"
    Openbox-Message: Unable to find a valid menu file "debian-menu.xml"

Please help
    I've got exactly the same problem in Ubuntu 10.04.
    Any ideas, any one?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jonobe View Post
    I've got exactly the same problem in Ubuntu 10.04.
    Any ideas, any one?
    This is really nothing serious. It only means that Openbox is configured (in the ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml configuration file) to have four workspaces but that your current session is set up to only have one, so Openbox will only use one workspace. Openbox allows other programs to override these settings, and will work fine with everything else.

Generally this means that your pager plugin in your panel is configured to only have one workspace. If you want to use more workspaces, you will have to tell Gnome to use more workspaces.

This guide is very outdated, by the way. If you install Openbox from the repositories, you should be able to login to a Gnome/Openbox session at the login screen and not have to switch to Openbox in Gnome with the openbox --replace command.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Guess I am kind of late to this party - I've been playing with openbox and I like it a lot. I especially like the right click apps menu, but having gone though this process, I find myself with a working desktop (great!) which does seem to be using openbox, but my right click menu looks exactly the same as it was under gnome.

What do I need to do to get the openbox right click menu?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678