Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Edit PDF files and add highlighting and comments

Beans

Re: Edit PDF files and add highlighting and comments

Quote Originally Posted by decon View Post
    I just did a lot of highlighting in Okular as the standard PDF reader in ubuntu doesn't support this. I then find out that the changes doesn't save with the PDF file, which is a huge problem when you work cross-platform. I tried Xournal too, but same problem.

This is a common feature in windows PDF readers (Foxit reader, Adobe Reader, Nitro PDF reader), can it be true that there's no FOSS alternative ?

I just tried to install adobe reader 8.0 from adobes website. Seems like I can't add the highlighting feature to the toolbar. Instead of accepting my settings as I try to press OK, the menu just scroll randomly till it reaches the bottom.
    you could try Mendeley. Its highlighting tool works perfectly, although you can't change color. You can only use yellow. Note that it's proprietary (but free). It's easy to install.

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Edit PDF files and add highlighting and comments

From Ubuntu 12.10, Okular supports annotating and highlighting pdf files.

After annotating, you should save your pdf file using "Save as ...", so other pdf viewers would be able to read annotations.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Edit PDF files and add highlighting and comments

From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Thread closed.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567