Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beta Testers for Browser Based MMO

Beans

Beta Testers for Browser Based MMO

Hi,

I'll start by saying, if this is inappropriate to post this here then I apologise in advance and if you make me aware I will remove it immediately.

I am involved in the development of a new browser based online game.

It is a free to play card-based tactical battle game.. well, take a look at the site for more info.

If you would be interested in testing this game in its beta stages you would be very welcome to join us (working version should be online within a couple of weeks.. woohoo!)

www.battlegroundsonline.net - sign-up for the beta link, and if you like what you see, a vote placed on the top100 site would also be appreciated to aid in spreading the word.

Hope to see you there!
    My Projects:
    Waiting to start a new php project[/URL]

Beans

Re: Beta Testers for Browser Based MMO

This forum (Community Cafe Games) is for forum games. I will move this to the Community Cafe where people would be interested

Beans
    Hidden!

Arrow Re: Beta Testers for Browser Based MMO

MMO is stupid!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heron View Post
    MMO is stupid!
    if someone asks you to sudo rm -rf anything, don't do it, and don't run any command with rm in it unless you know exactly what you're doing.
    Read This Thread for more information

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heron View Post
    MMO is stupid!
    ours specifically or just the concept of being able to play games with thousands of people worldwide?
    My Projects:

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by shavenlunatic View Post
    ours specifically or just the concept of being able to play games with thousands of people worldwide?
    i think he's referring in general lol

yea we also have these who pop up once in a while in the forums, sometimes they're not themselves

cool i like online card games, i'll give it a try

is it entirely html based or u added a few web techies like Ajax or flash?

i guess the simpler the better at first, that way you can add all the needed features easier
    When close to achieving you quit! If you don't try you failed. Real Winners are not afraid of losing.
    ubuntu newsletter ; Report Papercuts (small annoyances/bugs) ; beginners guide and video http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tNpt5RZYI

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by madjr View Post
    cool i like online card games, i'll give it a try
    hope to see you in the betas

is it entirely html based or u added a few web techies like Ajax or flash?
    we didn't want the page refreshing every time it needed updating so it's css, php & ajax with a mysql backend.

We wanted to try to make it feel less like a "browser" game and more like a software game so there are no full screen reloads whatsoever and in-game when the cards are deploying you don't even feel like ur in a browser.

Runs very nice, glad we went down the route we have, clean, simple and as little un-immersive stuff as we can manage
    My Projects:

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

The website is very light on information. I'd like to get some more information on the company behind this, the rules of the game, and so on before I sign up.

Beans

If you are looking for information on the Daemornia 'World' so to speak it is all available on

www.daemorniastudios.co.uk - The Browser game is based on the 'physical' card game which is adapted from a Paper RPG game.

The specific rules will be the same as the physical card game listed on the Daemornia website. Hadn't thought the detailed rules would be of much use to people until the game was available to play but maybe you are right and people may want an "edge" by studying the rules before-hand. Will look at making them available over the weekend.

If you sign up for the beta in the meanwhile, there is no commitment and as soon as more information is available you will be updated via the email address provided.
    My Projects:

Beans
    Hidden!

Arrow Re: Beta Testers for Browser Based MMO

Quote Originally Posted by shavenlunatic View Post
    yeah every game sucks, actually play instinct was meat to learn something - but who cares about how it's meant to be?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast