Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hardy

Beans

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Quote Originally Posted by xorman2k7 View Post
    it just looks like there's no audio going through it.
    Maybe this will help, as I just solved something similar.

Apparently the pulseaudio "monitor" on my default sound card output was muted. I randomly happened upon this by launching PulseAudio Volume Control. Go to the Input Devices tab, from the "Show" drop-down select "Monitors". Then unmute the monitor of your soundcard output. Best to do this with sound playing, when you unmute it you will see the volume meter fluctuate with the audio.

That did it for me.

You may need to install the 'pavucontrol' package if its not already installed.

Incidentally when this is muted Ear Candy basically mutes everything making it utterly unusable; which has been driving me insane for the past several months.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

that was it! thanks a lot kid_meier!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Thanks for the article! Because of your article I can now get visualizations with Exaile. For Ubuntu 10.04 (64-bit) I had to also install:
    libsdl1.2-dev
    cmake-curses-gui

Beans

A tip for anybody experiencing problems with presets going blank or static - Make sure ProjectM is configured to work with the correct sound card. It took me forever to figure that one out!

Beans

Anyone have any luck getting projectM to work on 11.04? I've tried both compiling it myself using the guide in this thread, and have tried installing through aptitude. For both installations, when I go to Applications>Sound&Video>ProjectM pulseaudio Visualization it does not do anything when I click it - no window of any kind comes up. It's as if the program does not run. I've also tried launching it from the terminal with no success.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by crab80 View Post
    Anyone have any luck getting projectM to work on 11.04? I've tried both compiling it myself using the guide in this thread, and have tried installing through aptitude. For both installations, when I go to Applications>Sound&Video>ProjectM pulseaudio Visualization it does not do anything when I click it - no window of any kind comes up. It's as if the program does not run. I've also tried launching it from the terminal with no success.
    What is the terminal output when you launch
    Code:
    projectM-pulseaudio
    from a terminal?
    Also, what graphics card are you using, and are the drivers open or closed?
    "Microsoft Windows: A collection of 32bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16bit patch to an 8bit O.S. originally coded for a 4bit microprocessor written by a 2bit company who cant stand 1 bit of competition." Jargon File 4.4.7

Beans

For me projectM seemed to be just running through some default visualisations and not responding to any audio source, ie it looked the same whether music was playing or not.

I don't know why it eventually worked but just changing my hardware profile in sound preferences to Digital Stereo Duplex and then back to Analog Stereo Duplex caused it to work. It's still not responding as I'd expect, it seems to only pick up certain frequencies or something, but it's progress none the less.

The terminal output looks pretty normal:
    $ projectM-pulseaudio
    dir:/usr/share/projectM/config.inp
    reading ~/.projectM/config.inp
    [projectM] config file: /home/user/.projectM/config.inp
    No Textures Loaded from /usr/share/projectM/textures
    [projectM] Allocating idle preset...
    [PresetFactory] path is Geiss & Sperl - Feedback (projectM idle HDR mix).milk
    [PresetFactory] url is idle://Geiss & Sperl - Feedback (projectM idle HDR mix).milk
    Application asked to unregister timer 0x3b000016 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    unconnected: connecting...
    connectHelper: "alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo.monitor"
    CREATED
    READY

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hey guys I'm still having trouble installing when CG is set to on (I want the nice effects).

Code:
    [  1%] Building CXX object libprojectM/Renderer/CMakeFiles/Renderer.dir/FBO.o
    [  1%] Building CXX object libprojectM/Renderer/CMakeFiles/Renderer.dir/MilkdropWaveform.o
    [  2%] Building CXX object libprojectM/Renderer/CMakeFiles/Renderer.dir/PerPixelMesh.o
    [  3%] Building CXX object libprojectM/Renderer/CMakeFiles/Renderer.dir/Pipeline.o
    [  4%] Building CXX object libprojectM/Renderer/CMakeFiles/Renderer.dir/Renderer.o
    In file included from /home/maximida/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/libprojectM/Renderer/Renderer.hpp:36:0,
                     from /home/maximida/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/libprojectM/Renderer/Renderer.cpp:1:
    /home/maximida/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/libprojectM/Renderer/ShaderEngine.hpp:27:74: fatal error: Cg/cg.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    make[2]: *** [libprojectM/Renderer/CMakeFiles/Renderer.dir/Renderer.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [libprojectM/Renderer/CMakeFiles/Renderer.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    The fix detailed at the top of this page is already implemented and it still doesn't work. Has anyone gotten it to work? Running Nattyx64 with fglrx.

Also, how do I remove Projectm? It's not in synaptic.

TY

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hey guys I got it to work by installing sudo aptitude install nvidia-cg-toolkit even though I have an ATI gpu.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031